Post Reply FAQ Members Login

when did your preemie start crawling etc?

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : when did your preemie start crawling etc?

Postby tracym » Mon May 17, 2010 10:02 pm

My son(37 weeks) sat unassisted around 8 months, crawled around 10-11 months and walked at 14 months. I rememember taking him for a checkup at almost 7 months as he wasn't yet rolling over. (they sent us to a PT and he rolled the day before we went)

My daughter (33 weeks) sat unassisted around 9-10 months, crawled around 11-12 months and walked at 16 months.

Your daughter is still in the range of normal for her adjusted age. If you say she's bright and active I don't think I'd worry too much for now. Have you spoken to your dr about your concerns? They might be able to show you some exercises to help encourage those milestones, or a referral for PT if they think it's warranted.
tracym

Re : when did your preemie start crawling etc?

Postby klutsyone01 » Wed May 19, 2010 07:41 pm

my son was born on 06aug at 34 weeks. so right now he is 9 1/2 months unadjusted and 8 months adjusted this week. he has been crawling for almost a month. he pulls up on furniture and cruises while holding on to furniture. i dont know where he fall in the range of avg babies though. i would adjusted your babys age and then if need be give the baby an extra month or so before getting freeked out.
klutsyone01

Previous

Return to Parents of Preemies