Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Jacksonville/Gainesville

Re : Jacksonville/Gainesville

Postby trish9 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 04:38 pm

by trish9 (74 Posts), Mon Sep 20, 2010 04:38 pm

Hi there,

I have a friend who lives near Atlantic and Kernan - it is nice there.

I haven't seen a counselor, but I have been thinking about it lately. I don't think that I have really come to terms with the loss of Alex. I can't even talk about him without crying and I read in one of the grief books that was a sign of prolonged grieving?? I don't know how anyone can set a time limit on grief though. Anyways, I have been dealing with my chronic kidney disease diagnosis too, so I think counselling might be a way for me to talk about everything. I have a good friend who is supportive, but I feel like I am always being a "downer", so I'm trying to talk about happy things instead. Have your friends been understanding?

Well, I don't want to say negative things about anyone, but I was seen at *****. I think most of the docs there were ok but they told me that they hadn't encountered anyone like me. I had a bad experience with one who told me that I was going to end up with a kidney transplant because "you pushed it too far". Then 5 days after Alex died I was told to get a surrogate because "it would still be your kid". I also had ***** as consultants, although I was at their Belfort practice. They were fine, but I am a little concerned about the fact that they only consult. I felt like no one was in charge or making decisions. I'm glad that you have a group that you are comfortable with. Are they good at explaining what is going on with you and baby? If you wouldn't mind I would be interested to know who you see. I know Gainesville is kind of far, but I really feel like I need someone who has worked with someone truly high risk like we unfortunately are!

Trish
trish9

Postby me793462 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 09:56 am

by me793462 (124 Posts), Tue Sep 21, 2010 09:56 am

I totally understand where you are coming from. It hasn't even been a year yet since your loss. So, give yourself some time. I still have really bad days and it has been a year and half since my loss. Mostly, my friends have been understanding. I think a lot of them feel as though I am over it now that I am pregnant again. What they do not realize is that being pregnanct again brings it all back to the surface. My mother has been my rock. She lost my brother about 13 years ago. So, she has really helped me through the grieving process.

***** has been really good at explaining what is going on with baby and me. I see *****. Do any of them practice at the ***** Office? The nurses at the ***** downtown office are great as well.

At *****, I see *****. Dr. ***** will be going my c/s. He delivered Rylan as well. So, I feel a connection with him.

If you would like to talk more about my care, etc. feel free to drop me an email. I would be more than happy to help you in any way that I can: meghdill@aol.com

me793462

Postby sarab » Tue Sep 28, 2010 00:27 am

by sarab (2950 Posts), Tue Sep 28, 2010 00:27 am

Hi ladies, just a reminder that we can't discuss specific doctors, hospitals, or practices here on the boards. Any mention, good or bad, can be viewed as advertising by the IRS, so we do have to edit when names are mentioned.

We would love for you, however, to continue this discussion via email. Finding a good doctor, especially after a traumatic preeclampsia experience, can be daunting. I am so pleased that you have connected and can help each other out!
sarab
Site Admin

Postby me793462 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 09:16 am

by me793462 (124 Posts), Tue Sep 28, 2010 09:16 am

Thanks Sara. Sorry about that.
me793462

Postby sarab » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:14 am

by sarab (2950 Posts), Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:14 am

No problem - really!
sarab
Site Admin

Postby evancaleb10 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:10 pm

by evancaleb10 (18 Posts), Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi Meghan, I'm new to the forums and viewed the discussion with you and Trish a couple of weeks ago about your choice of docs here in Jax, FL. I sent you an email a couple of nights ago and was wondering did you receive it? Thanks. -Esther
evancaleb10

Previous

Return to Florida