Weight Loss Buddies Fall 2010 Week 3

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Weight Loss Buddies Fall 2010 Week 3

Postby tree » Tue Oct 05, 2010 01:00 pm

Sorry for the late start. I will weigh in tomorrow morning. Today was just one of those mornings...
I ran 12.7 miles on Saturday, so I am feeling pretty good about the half marathon on 10/17. I also ate a ton of junk due to stress. I think the scale will stay the same, but my pants fit better, and I am wearing my pre-pregnancy belt this week.
tree
Forum Moderator

Re : Weight Loss Buddies Fall 2010 Week 3

Postby trish9 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:36 am

I didn't weigh in until today too. I had WAY too much fun tailgating this weekend. Eating wings...and nachos...and chips. :(

Starting weight: 147
Weight today: 145 +1
Goal weight: 120
trish9

Postby tree » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:45 am

Up one pound....
Starting weight 158
Last week 159
This week 160
BOOOOOOO! I guess it is time to get rid of the junk food and stress eating. Trish - I posted a recipe for roasted asparagus on last week's thread. This week, it will be either broccoli or green beans.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Thu Oct 07, 2010 01:09 am

no change for me this week :(
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby chesiretab » Mon Oct 11, 2010 09:23 pm

Hey everyone! Can I join in? I somehow found this thread, and I joined the forum just so I could get support from here.

Brief back story: I have one son, age 20 months. I developed pre-e at 34 weeks and delivered pretty much as soon as being diagnosed. He spent 15 days in the NICU, and has been perfect ever since (although small).

I just have had to stay on BP meds (small dose of Labetalol), and in meeting with my OB, the best way I can control what happens next pregnancy is to lose weight. Of course, this would be good for me for my entire life, as I am very overweight. I try to stay active and portion control, blah, blah, blah, but this time I truly am determined that I am going to lose weight. My doc wants me to lose 80 lbs (!!!!!!!!!!) to "eliminate" the risk factor that my weight presents. I am just thinking I'll start with 40 and reduce the risk, and we'll see how long that takes me.

Anyway, can I be part of your group?

-Meghann
chesiretab

Postby tree » Mon Oct 11, 2010 09:27 pm

Hi Meghann - Welcome to the forums and to the WLB! Anyone can join at any time. We check in on Tuesdays. I usually try to post by 10AM mountain time each week.
tree
Forum Moderator

Re: Weight Loss Buddies Fall 2010 Week 3

Postby milesymommy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 09:38 am

Can I 'join' too?
I used to be super fit... running marathons, competing in triathalons... generally a size 6. Not super skinny or anything, but althletic.
Miles is almost 4. I lost most of the weight fairly quickly, but never got back 'in shape'. Josh is 14 months old now. It took me much much longer to lose the weight, but I still look pregnant. Seriously. My husband mentioned that I weigh 170 pounds over the weekend. Umm, I weigh 145. My normal weight. Except its all 'fat' and not 'muscle'. So since my hubby thinks I look like 170 pounds, and since I do look like I'm still pregnant, its time to get serious and lose some of the fat.
I'm off to go to a circuit trianing class over lunch. I'll weigh in before class and see just how much I weigh.
cheers
Aimee
milesymommy

Re: Weight Loss Buddies Fall 2010 Week 3

Postby tree » Mon Nov 15, 2010 04:20 pm

Of course you can join. I was thinking about restarting this after the forum down time. I am not sure we will maintain critical mass during the holidays, but we can certainly try. I know I would rather lose a few pounds than gain them over the next two months. It sure makes New Year's resolutions easier to keep...
I haven't been eating all that well lately, but I am newly motivated to try staying in shape again. I ran my first half marathon in mid-October, and I did some high-intensity couch surfing afterwards. I have been running again for the last couple of weeks (weather permitting). I did my first spin class in years this morning. It was really great to do that again. We are supposed to have warmer weather at the end of the week, and I hope that means at least a run and bike ride are in my immediate future.

Good luck with your weight loss. I am @#($&@(#% tired of weighing in at just under 160, and I really miss my healthy weight of 135-140.
Daughter born April 2009 at 35 weeks due to Class 1 HELLP
tree
Forum Moderator

Return to Misc