New mom of a preemie

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
ch3lsea

Re : New mom of a preemie

Postby ch3lsea » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:48 am

I am doing a little better, still worried...they decided they want to close her PDA before they try feeding again. So tomorrow she will probably have surgery to correct it. I know it's a very common procedure in the NICU, so I'm trying not to be too stressed, but I'm still scared. I just want things to start looking up for her so she can start to eat and really gain some weight.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 06:23 pm

sounds like you got a little fighter there- glad she is doing better. Sounds like mom is doing a little better too :)

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Mon Sep 27, 2010 02:18 pm

Kayleigh weighed in at 2lbs1oz yesterday...on her one month birthday! She just got off the antibiotics yesterday as well...still not feeding yet though..but hopefully within the next couple days! She also had an eye exam today, no signs of ROP yet! (and we're hoping there will be no sign of it at her next exam either!) She's proving to be one tough cookie <3

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 09:19 pm

Yay!!! Hang in there it sounds like she's doing well!

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 09:00 pm

so happy she is going well- come on 2 lbs Kayleigh! Hope you are doing ok as well

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Tue Sep 21, 2010 08:35 pm

Update: Kayleigh seems to still be doing ok and holding her own. They have still been measuring her belly daily and it is nice and soft. She is still on the vent, but her settings are pretty low. She is still not being fed...but she will be off the antibiotics on the 26th and they are talking about trying to feed her again once those are done with. I'm very nervous about feeding again...I am terrified her intestines will perforate again =/ and she will need surgery. Please pray that she does well with her second attempt at feeding <3 Oh and she is so close to hitting 2 pounds which is really good news :)

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 07:50 am

so happy she is doing better- keep us updated

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:45 pm

I am so glad the baby is doing well. I will continue to have her in my prayers.

ktdwll

Postby ktdwll » Sat Sep 18, 2010 09:19 pm

Will be keeping u and ur family in my thought and sending good vibes ur way!

Diane

ch3lsea

Postby ch3lsea » Sat Sep 18, 2010 07:24 pm

Just wanted to update: Just got back from seeing my little Kayleigh and got to change her diaper for the first time! :) And I noticed her drain was out, no one even told me! The nurse said she thinks they took it out yesterday...so as of right now things seem to be going in the right direction. She was having a calm day which always makes me happy...a lot of the times I'm there she's wide awake and moving and making the vent move so all the alarms go off and basically give me a heart attack, but she looked super cozy and peaceful for most of my visit. She's been between 25-30% oxygen on the vent...having some Dsats, especially when she moves around a lot, but I've been told it's normal? Hopefully things will start going a little smoother for her...at least I pray it does! Thanks for all your kind wishes for us <3

Return to “Parents of Preemies”