Severe Preeclampsia Question

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
User avatar
caryn
Forum Moderator
Posts: 10203
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 06:36 am

Re : Severe Preeclampsia Question

Postby caryn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 09:41 pm

Keep in mind that this disease *commonly* presents with no other symptoms. I had no other symptoms until my son started having serious decels.

Starting an induction now may let you avoid a crash section. It may also get the baby out before a sudden silent abruption. I'd ask your doctors why they think that delivery now is preferable to waiting for your condition to worsen, but since they *do* seem to believe that delivery is appropriate, I'd run with their view. This disease is sneaky and brutal and moves very, very fast.

Please keep us posted as you're able.

naomihope427
Registered User
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 04:48 pm

Re : Severe Preeclampsia Question

Postby naomihope427 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 08:26 pm

Hi Sarah,

34 w &4 d is a great place to be. I delivered my daughter at 34w 6 days almost a month ago. I had protein, some bp issues, swelling, that "headache" brisk reflexes and nausea. I had alot going on, and doctors were talking delivery but I wasnt going to fight them on that because I knew she would be better off out than in, plus the way i was headed quick.

Your situation, with the doctor telling you what you had said, I would want to get your baby out . I hope all is well and if they decide, you will agree. But I know how it is trying to keep baby in.

Keep us posted!

sarahrb
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 02:46 pm

Re : Severe Preeclampsia Question

Postby sarahrb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 05:04 pm

I'm getting a lot of pressure from my doctors (it's a group) to induce. One of the group doctors today told me that my baby could die inside my belly and I should induce and she thought I was making a big mistake.
Today, not one symptom although am on labetatol 300 mg 2x per day, but no other medications and clear labs....

beth0277
Registered User
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 09:17 am

Re : Severe Preeclampsia Question

Postby beth0277 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 04:58 pm

Hi Sara--

I just wanted to say that I'm glad that you found us, even though I wish you didn't have to! It's great that you are being closely monitored at the hospital. There are quite a few ladies on this forum who have been in the same situation that you are. I know typically a lot of women try to keep their baby in as long as possible but I imagine you will get feedback from some of the ladies who have been in your situation.

Best of luck! Keep us updated if you can! :)

sarahrb
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 02:46 pm

Severe Preeclampsia Question

Postby sarahrb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 04:17 pm

Hi there, I am at 34w4d and was just admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with severe preeclampsia due to my blood pressure levels and higher levels of protein in my urine. My doctor wanted to induce right away but I asked to try and have my bp regulated with medication and put me on hospital monitered bed rest. As of today, (now two days later) my bp is wonderful and I still have not developed any other symptoms...no swelling, all my lab work is clear, no dizziness, no headaches, etc...

Has anyone else gone this route? I am asking because I am unsure if I should go the induction route...or try to keep my baby inside of me for as long as possible. I will induce immediately if anything should change at any time.

Any opinions or thoughts will be helpful!
Thank you,
Scared Mom to be


Return to “Ask the Experienced”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests