why else can period be so late?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : why else can period be so late?

Postby jend01 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 04:30 pm

Today is day 16 late, over two weeks now and 4 negative tests. Kelli I'm nt saying I wouldn't be happy if I was pg, just that I did not plan at all and am totally not ready to be pg again, but I will make do if I am. I just wish I knew already because I am on some meds that I would like to have adjusted if possible.
jend01

Postby kellikbock » Tue Jul 27, 2010 04:41 pm

I hear ya. I'd be happy, but caught off guard right now, too. I kind of joked with my husband about the next pregnancy might have to be unplanned for me to actually go through another one, lol. Meaning, I may never get my nerves up to do it, otherwise!
Have you seen the shows about women not knowing that they were pregnant, then going into labor & having a baby all of a sudden? This sounds pretty great (aside not having the needed medical care that we PE ladies would need...which is a huge deal breaker, lol).
Whatever the cause, I hope that the outcome is wonderful for you! I know that you'll keep us posted. :0)
kellikbock

Postby jend01 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 04:51 pm

I feel the same way, that for me to have another baby it would probably have to be unplanned. Otherwise I will be planning forever, lol. My cousins wife is due any day now with her second baby and she just found out she was pregnant last month!! :o That is really scarry to me because her dr's were trying different meds on her and giving her x-rays. They thought it was her back and then possibly an ulcer while doing the ultra sound for the ulcer they saw the baby. Healthy as could be! They also told her she was going threw "the change" and that's why she wasn't getting her period! I'm glad they aren't my doctors.
jend01

Postby kellikbock » Tue Jul 27, 2010 05:56 pm

WOW, that's insane! I've only known one lady to go through a pregnancy and not know it. She still spotted throughout the pregnancy, gained only a little weight & one night thought she had appendicitis...they went to hospital & delivered a little girl! C.R.A.Z.Y!!!
kellikbock

Postby kerisue » Tue Jul 27, 2010 08:35 pm

maybe you didn't ovulate this month and just didnt have a period for some reason? Have you talked to your doc about it?
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby jend01 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 09:13 am

I woke up this morning with a visitor :) 17 days late but it finally got here!
jend01

Postby kellikbock » Wed Jul 28, 2010 09:32 am

Phew, I know that you're breathing a sigh of relief...
kellikbock

Postby alexa5 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 09:46 am

Yea! Glad you no longer have to wonder/wait. Like I said above, my cycle right after my long was perfectly on time, so hopefully yours will straighten out as well!
alexa5

Postby jend01 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 09:52 am

For everyone who was helping, this month was 3 days late. Which means that AF will be arriving on my first day of vacation next month if it is on time! >:
jend01

Postby mbshu » Fri Aug 27, 2010 09:10 pm

Was so glad to come across this today. Have been so worried the past 2 days because my cycle is usually 25-28 days. It is day 30 and I have never been this late, (other than with my 2 children). I would love to have more kids but could not go through the pregnancies again and everything that happen so my husband got a vasectomy. I know I may sound crazy but I looked up on the internet and there is still some chance that even with the v you could still get pregnant-(even after they test the sperm after 3 mos)So I have been so worried because I am always so regular.
Do you think with him having the vasectomy and if I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative that there is still a chance that I could be pregnant or would you not worry?
mbshu

PreviousNext

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia