Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Planning the Funeral

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : Planning the Funeral

Postby riehlism » Fri Aug 27, 2010 05:38 pm

by riehlism (655 Posts), Fri Aug 27, 2010 05:38 pm

We made some of the arrangements last weekend. Frank and I bought our niches in the mausoleum. Blue will be in good company: Bill Frawley (Fred Mertz on I Love Lucy), and Ritche Valens are there. We bought ours all in a row so he won't be alone when our time comes.

It is going to be very small, just our immediate families. I think we're going to ask the cemetery to have someone officiate a non-religious ceremony for our son and maybe ask Frank's sister to read a letter that we will write together.

I also made a photo book from shutterfly. In it has his ultrasounds, footprints, and his pictures after his birth. In the books I also had lyrics of songs or poems. I created 3 hard cover books. One for each set of grandparents, and one for Frank and I. I also had them make smaller paperback books for our siblings and other close relatives.

Kerisue, I used the poem you shared with me in the books, so thank you. The funeral is 3 weeks from today.

I also listened to Sarah McLachlan's version of the Rainbow Connection, and thought it was fitting. Now every time I hear about rainbows or seem them, I think about Blue.
riehlism

Re : Planning the Funeral

Postby atvlady » Fri Aug 27, 2010 07:53 pm

by atvlady (1000 Posts), Fri Aug 27, 2010 07:53 pm

Jasmin glad to hear you have everything taken care of. When you have picutres of your beautiful son to share, I would love to see them :)
atvlady

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss