New mom of a preemie

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Re : New mom of a preemie

Postby sarah0381 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 04:18 pm

I cannot imagine what you are going thru right now!!! Try as hard as you can to hold your head up high for your sweet little girl and know that positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way!!!
sarah0381

Postby ch3lsea » Sun Sep 12, 2010 04:44 pm

Thank you for the prayers! We still don't know if they're going to do surgery or not yet. The doctors want to give her intestine the chance to heal with the antibiotics, but they are seeing no change in the x-rays, it is thankfully not getting worse, but is also not getting better. So we'll see. I hate waiting, I don't know what to do...I just have this knot in my stomach all the time. She's just so tiny, I wish she didn't have to go through this
ch3lsea

Postby jenmatt1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 04:51 pm

please let me know if you need absolutely anything. My prayers are with you today.
jenmatt1

Postby miamibunnie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi Chelsea, preemies they go through there up and downs and its a process. Just stay positive. My baby went through the same thing. This use to work for me I use to thank god for every morning that she was still alive. Everyday is a blessing. I have her in my prayers.

Til this day I thank god for allowing my daughter to be here with us! :)

quote:
Originally posted by Ch3lsea

Thank you for the prayers! We still don't know if they're going to do surgery or not yet. The doctors want to give her intestine the chance to heal with the antibiotics, but they are seeing no change in the x-rays, it is thankfully not getting worse, but is also not getting better. So we'll see. I hate waiting, I don't know what to do...I just have this knot in my stomach all the time. She's just so tiny, I wish she didn't have to go through this

miamibunnie

Postby ch3lsea » Mon Sep 13, 2010 09:47 am

Well they decided they are going to do the surgery :( She will be getting transfered to a hospital down the street, and they will be doing it there. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers today. I'm so worried, I hope she can pull through and continue to fight like she's been doing.
ch3lsea

Postby tree » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:52 am

I am thinking of you both and praying for a good outcome. I hope everything goes well today.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 02:30 pm

Hopefully this surgery is just one more step to the beginning of her getting better and recovering. Hoping and praying that she is ok through all of this and also that you will have the strength to see her through this. Again, please let us know if you absolutely need anything.
jenmatt1

Postby ch3lsea » Mon Sep 13, 2010 05:29 pm

Grr, well they ended up not doing the surgery. Apparently the person who called me saying they were going to do it had their wires crossed...so they did transfer her to the Children's Hospital down the street, but no surgery as of now. They wanted her there so she can be monitored more closely and already be settled there if they decide to go the surgery. I feel like they don't know exactley what's wrong or how to proceed, which is scaring me. Her PDA is also causing problems...not urgent as of now, but yet another thing she needs to fight :(
ch3lsea

Postby patty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 09:22 am

Hang in there I know how scary and hard it is ((hugs)). I replied your other thread too. Hopefully she won't need surgery and will heal with just the meds. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
patty

Postby ch3lsea » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Thank you! No surgery as of now, they have her on another antibiotic and she still has the drains in. They did an ultrasound of her belly/intestines and said they looked ok...they didn't see any "bubbles" or air pockets in the intestine...so that is a good sign. They also said she looked better than yesterday, but also said she still critical and we are not out of the woods. I just want her to get better =/ I feel like I'm walking around with a knot in my stomach all the time. I just feel so bad that this had to happen to her and I wish I could do something to help her.
ch3lsea

PreviousNext

Return to Parents of Preemies