Having a second baby after HELLP

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
ajpratt

Re: Having a second baby after HELLP

Postby ajpratt » Tue Nov 16, 2010 09:14 am

Thanks so much, milesymommy! I will be sure to check those out! (should have known Caryn would have something)

milesymommy

Postby milesymommy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 08:31 am

This is my third time trying to reply to this post, lets see if it goes through this time... lol
Look at Caryns signature for some of the studies. It used to be thought that having the same partner would decrease risk. However, the correlation of recurrance seems to be linked more to length between pregnancies and not same or different partner. Typically, if you have children with different partners there is a larger gap between children. If there is a large gap between children with the same partner, the risk of developing it is about the same as if it was with a different partner.

kbielec

Postby kbielec » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:11 am

My MFM told me that it was "better" if the father would be the same if I was going to try again after HELLP. My OB told me the same thing last week at my annual. Not sure why really - but I'll take it! Any little help I can get!
Mom to Annabelle born at 26 weeks due to HELLP (2008) I found out I had Factor V and MTHFR after delivery.
(12/2011) miscarriage, twin boys 8 weeks, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox
(02/2012) Pregnant - praying for beautiful take home baby due Nov. 3, 2012, on LDA, Folbate, Lovenox

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”