Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Molars-Updated

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.

Molars-Updated

Postby bernadic » Sun Nov 21, 2010 06:23 pm

Hi ladies. When do toddlers get their last set of molars? Luke is going to be 4 in December (should have been born in March) and all weekend is complaining that his mouth hurts and has hardly eaten. He keeps holding his chin. Advil seems to help. I put my finger in his mouth and the back gum feels hard and bumpy. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

After posting, I looked on line about molars. A site said that he should not get any more molars and it said it could be an infection. So I took a flashlight and saw tiny bumps all in his mouth. Strep! Great! Mother of the year thinking it was teeth. Took him to the urgent care and they confirmed strep. He just started his meds. Hopefully, he will be better soon!
bernadic

Re: Molars-Updated

Postby catherine » Mon Nov 22, 2010 08:46 am

We've just gone through 4 rounds of infection in our house, all the kids and me. Everyone presented the same, fever and sore throat. It wasn't until I had to pick the last kid up from the school nurse that it dawned on me that perhaps a throat swab was in order.... yeah, Strep. Obviously we all had it...

Don't worry, we all crash and burn. I'm sure that he'll be feeling his old self within a day.
Mom to Finn, Lucy (HELLP syndrome) and Chloe
catherine
Forum Moderator

Re: Molars-Updated

Postby bernadic » Tue Nov 23, 2010 05:09 pm

Thanks Catherine! I will live and learn. Next time I will check the throat earlier! :D
bernadic

Return to Parents of Preemies