Chronic Hypertension

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Chronic Hypertension

Postby cmccaffrey » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Has anyone heard of renal sympathetic denervation?

I wonder if it may keep hypertension at bay in pregnancies of women who have chronic hypertension. I haven't seen any news about this, but just curious if anyone else has.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Re: Chronic Hypertension

Postby caryn » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:53 pm

I actually just saw a press conference on this online -- renal artery ablation for control of chronic hypertension. I suspect we would not be candidates unless we had severe hypertension uncontrolled by three meds outside of pregnancy. Theoretically it's very very interesting stuff, though.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Return to Misc