7 years ago

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

7 years ago

Postby ladybug76135 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 02:01 am

Seven years ago this weekend, I was 26 weeks pregnant. Admitted emergently to the hospital after a visit to the employee health clinic revealed my blood pressure to be 220/140 and dipping 4+ protein. The docs told me the baby would be born any day now and gave him only a 50/50 shot of surviving without death or major delay. Thank the Lord, I responded reasonably well to bed rest and was able to hold out 12 days to make it to 28 weeks. Allan was born weighing 2 lbs 6 oz and 15 inches long. He spent a long 96 days in the hospital due to complications but beat all the odds recited today.

In many ways, this anniversary is harder psychologically on me than his actual birthday (October 2nd). He will be 7 and is in the big countdown to his birthday so of course he talks about it a lot. I remember the fear and anxiety and anger of not knowing and worrying about my baby.

To those out there suffering from this horrible disease and playing the waiting game... there is hope. Take it one day at a time. It's the only way you stay sane.

Blessings to all,

ladybug76135

Re : 7 years ago

Postby beth0277 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 01:24 pm

Robyn,

I'm only 5 months PP and it still never ceases to amaze me all the wonderful, strong women on this board who are still 'dealing with' their PE years down the road. I can only imagine how hard this time of year is for you. I'm so glad that your little man is doing well.

Take care!
beth0277

Re: 7 years ago

Postby preemomof2 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 09:16 pm

I agree. PE is something that will always affect us. I still get tears thinking about what could have gone horribly wrong.
preemomof2

Return to After your baby is born .....