Anyone had experience with antiphospholipid syndrome?

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Anyone had experience with antiphospholipid syndrome?

Postby amayasmom » Tue Dec 14, 2010 07:28 pm

I had Preeclampsia and severe HELLP syndrome with my daughter 5 years ago. I was just recently diagnosed with possible Anitphospholipid syndrome. We have been trying for two years to concieve a second child with no success. We are now going to try our second IUI and I am wondering if I should have a treatment plan once I do get pregnant. My doctor seems very unconcerned. I've been on low dose asprin for 2 years, but Is low dose asprin enough, or is APL always treated with Heparin as well during pregnancy? What type of doctor do I see to get a confirmed diagnosis and shouldn't my doctor want to make a treatment plan once I get a positive pregnancy test? Is it my Peri that would prescribe the Heparin or do I need to see some other kind of doctor? Any info is much appreciated! Thank you!
amayasmom

Re: Anyone had experience with antiphospholipid syndrome?

Postby caryn » Fri Dec 17, 2010 09:41 pm

Try searching on "jenndola APS" -- she's out of commission at the moment, but knows a lot about this stuff.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: Anyone had experience with antiphospholipid syndrome?

Postby amayasmom » Fri Jan 07, 2011 01:02 pm

Thank you. I will. Finally took the second blood test to see if in fact I do have APS. Waiting for the results!
amayasmom

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders