Stopping at one child because of HELLP?

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here
bordergurl72

Stopping at one child because of HELLP?

Postby bordergurl72 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:51 am

I have not posted in a while, but I have been visiting this board since the birth of my daughter in 2005. She is now 5 1/2 and the love of my life. I had severe PE and HELLP, but thankfully everything went back to normal the day after I had my c-section.

I have wanted another so badly since, but went through so many stages of anxiety and depression about it. I have now met with 2 MFMs about TTC and they both give me the green light, but of course they also say I have a 24-30% risk of it reoccurring. I have also found out since having my daughter, i have celiac and ACA antibodies (a blood clotting thing that both doctors have said is insignificant for pg and would only suggest baby aspirin).

However, I just can't get the fear and anxiety out of my head, and while I really, really want another, I am terrified to go through this again and risk my daughter loosing her mother. But I also feel so cheated by this illness and am so envious of friends who seem to have children so effortlessly.

Has anyone else stopped at one child, because of HELLP.
Anne, 39
DH, 47
Daughter born March 2005 at 38 weeks at only 4 1/2 lbs. by emergency c-section. Severe PE, HELLP & IUGR.
36 weeks of carefree PG, then it all went downhill and had an excruciating 2 weeks of pain and brushing off by Dr's until being properly diagnosed and delivered at 38 weeks. Since then have been diagnosed with celiac (2009) and Hashimoto's (2011).
Terrified to TTC, but really want to TTC.

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”