Post Reply FAQ Members Login

How many Placental Abruptions?

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Re : How many Placental Abruptions?

Postby cindync » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 am

by cindync (542 Posts), Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 am

I had two, with each pregnancy. The first one, no symptoms signs, anything. We were getting the infant carrier out of the box (we were do in a month). I had to go to the bathroom, felt a gush, looked in the toilet, thinking my water had somehow broke. The toilet was pure red of all the blood. No pains, nothing. Took an ambulance, and delivered the next day, under general anesthesia. PE was not diagnosed at the time. My daughter was born fine.

My second one was along with severe PE. I was in the hospital, did not know again that I was abrupting. They found it when I had a c-section (bp was out of control, heartrate was dropping, so I was delivered). I shudder to think of what could have happened if I had not been delivered right then.

Terribly sorry for your loss:(

Cindy
Devin, 11/3/98, 36 weeks, placental abruption
Alex, 1/12/02, adopted from Russia 10/3/02
Aiden, 6/1/05, 31 w 6 days severe pre-e, placental abruption
www.bernernewf.wordpress.com
cindync

Postby jamilyn » Sat Mar 20, 2010 03:47 am

by jamilyn (430 Posts), Sat Mar 20, 2010 03:47 am

My hard thing with my abruption is I had no symptoms or signs and I mean NOTHING, no bleeding what so ever, no cramping, no leaking no nothing. They did have a hard time stopping my bleeding once I was actually on the table for the c-section when they tied my tubes but from the abruption before hand I had nothing. The drs were shocked which I think made it worse for me, we were totally blindsided out of no where. We knew we would deliver early and i had totally prepared myself for him to have his fighting chance in the NICU I was in no way prepared for what happened that morning and I with no answers it just makes it worse.
It makes me so sad to see how many women have suffered similar situations.
Thank you ladies again for sharing your stories with me.
jamilyn

Postby rosefern00 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:42 pm

by rosefern00 (9 Posts), Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:42 pm

I had my placental abruption @ 36wks 4days with no symptoms at all. Woke up in the early morning with pains, felt a sudden gush, thinking it was my water, but unfortunatly was blood. By, the time we got to the hospital, it was too late. My baby boy was already gone. I just had a NST just 2 days prior to this & my baby boy was fine, flying colors and all. And since I lost so much blood, I had to get 2 blood transfusions & have a vaginal delivery with no meds.
The only thing I'm left with, is emotional pain...
I pray for you & your beautiful baby boy.
rosefern00

Postby judahsmom » Mon Apr 26, 2010 03:09 pm

by judahsmom (19 Posts), Mon Apr 26, 2010 03:09 pm

Hi Jamilyn,

I've experienced two placental abruptions resulting in stillbirth. The first one (3rd pregnancy) was a 38 weeks and the second one (5th pregnancy) was 35 weeks. I required a transfusion with both of them. With my second loss, I was on hospital bedrest as well. 3 months after my second loss, which was 24 Oct 08, I got pregnant and after two miscarriages, gave birth to my handsome little Ziggy.

My heart broke as I read your post. I'm so grateful for this forum and all of the support I've found in its pages. I'm deeply sorry for your loss, but I know that you are definitely among friends.
judahsmom

Postby jamilyn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 06:30 pm

by jamilyn (430 Posts), Mon Apr 26, 2010 06:30 pm

It breaks my heart to hear other women have gone thru this, it happens so quickly.
I never bled, leaked or cramped so we had no idea what was going on. I had a feeling something was wrong but the nurses I found out never told my OB that I felt that way and that his heart rate had dropped which I was on Mag and thought forsure she was letting them know the changes since I was so out of it... We didn't find out till my OB was delivering and could see 1st hand how bad it was.
jamilyn

Postby sam10 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 07:38 pm

by sam10 (1437 Posts), Mon Apr 26, 2010 07:38 pm

I had a partial abruption and the ultimate reason for delivery. The baby was in distress, so they decided it was time for delivery. I was hospitalized at that point for severe PE.

I am so sorry for your loss.
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: How many Placental Abruptions?

Postby Clong » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:58 pm

by Clong (1 Posts), Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Hi, I had my son Douglas Alexander at 37 weeks. I had a complete abruption while I was at the hospital. The pain was so unimaginable. I lost most of my blood before the hospital staff had realized it was an abruption. They were good nurses, but they assumed I just had a "poor pain tolerance". Douglas was my second child. With both children, despite being a triathlete, I had issues with diabetes and high blood pressure. My physician, when they finally realized what was going on, prepared me for a completely natural birth. When they got me into position, he looked up at my husband and I and said "I don't know what to do". I had already had my placenta- Douglas was still inside of me. My wonderful nurse said, "your having a baby". I had Douglas and although he was gone for 4 minutes, I was one of the lucky ones. Douglas survived. Today he is one and completely normal. I can not thank god enough.
Clong

Re: How many Placental Abruptions?

Postby jamilyn » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:36 am

by jamilyn (430 Posts), Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:36 am

Im still wish I had answers as to why we didn't know I was having an abruption. If only I had bled or cramped so the Drs would'vd listened and delivered me when I told them something was going on. I had no pains and no bleeding so they thought I was being paranoid and having a break down. With how many abruptions happen with PE I hope the Drs will catch on and start taking everything a lot more serious.
Jamilyn
Mommys Angel - Dallin : October 9 - 16, born at 27 weeks due to Eclamptic Seizure and HELLP
Miracle Boy - Stratton : April 27, born at 35 weeks due to Pre-Eclampsia, 11 days in the NICU
Mommys 2nd Angel - Anthon : Born into the Arms of Angels on November 12, at 25 weeks gestation due to a Complete Placental Abruption. Diagnosed with HELLP & Severe Pre-Eclampsia

www.2angelsandamiracle.blogspot.com
www.laneeslegacy.blogspot.com
jamilyn

Previous

Return to Grief and Loss