Post Reply FAQ Members Login

How long to wait to try again

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

How long to wait to try again

Postby annamarie89 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 06:35 pm

I just delivered on January 30th. And I lost my baby. I had HELLP.. The baby was also at 40 weeks gestation. I was wondering how long should I wait to try again?
Ryleigh Marie was born on January 30, 2011... and passed shortly after. She was 40 weeks and 1 day when she was born.. weighing at 6lbs and 2 oz. and 20 inches long.

I was induced.. and during labor found out I had HELLP.
annamarie89

Re: How long to wait to try again

Postby lilysmommymindy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 08:23 pm

Omgosh, I am so sorry for your loss. The decision to try again and in what amount of time is a very personal decision. I believe there is a grief board where you may get more exposure for this question and more answers. I'd definately visit with your obgyn and a maternal fetal medicine dr (mfm) to discuss it medically. Emotionally, I can only imagine what you're feeling and hope you will find strength and peace. How did your HELLP progress? Was it sudden onset and unexpected? Yourbaby was beautiful....again I am so sorry for your loss. Take care,
Mindy
Mindy

DD#1 Lily Adrianna: 8/28/08 Born 36wks 0days due to Class 2 HELLP Syndrome and Severe Preeclampsia via csection. 4lbs 10oz 17in
Fortunate to have a healthy baby and mommy, no NICU needed.

DD#2: Tatum Nicole: 8/6/10 Born 39wks 5days Scheduled CSection Preeclampsia and HELLP FREE!
7lbs 3oz 20in
Took Baby Asprin between weeks 20-36 and was co-monitored by MFM & OBGYN
lilysmommymindy

Postby cakesabake » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 am

I had to have an emergency C-section at 37 weeks due to HELLP syndrome. (We also lost our baby) Of course because it was a C-section my OB told me I had to wait a minimum of 6 months, and then after that point it was up to me and my husband.
cakesabake

Postby annamarie89 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:55 am

lilysmommymindy wrote:Omgosh, I am so sorry for your loss. The decision to try again and in what amount of time is a very personal decision. I believe there is a grief board where you may get more exposure for this question and more answers. I'd definately visit with your obgyn and a maternal fetal medicine dr (mfm) to discuss it medically. Emotionally, I can only imagine what you're feeling and hope you will find strength and peace. How did your HELLP progress? Was it sudden onset and unexpected? Yourbaby was beautiful....again I am so sorry for your loss. Take care,
Mindy

Well it was unexpected.. I made it all the way to 40 weeks. and I got induced the day after my 40 weeks.. My blood pressure had always been mid-high through out my pregnancy.. but they weren't worried about it.. and during labor I asked for an epidural.. and they had to do blood work so I could get on.. and came back saying my plateletts were at 22,000 and said they think there was a mistake and retested my platelett's and came back saying now they're at 18,000. And then they diagnosed me with HELLP. and that's when I found out.. but a few days before my 40 weeks. I was having really bad chest pain.. right under my ribs.. and back pain.. between my shoulder blades.. and I called my midwife.. and she said that i'm ok.. that my baby is proably just high.. but I'm thinking that pain was more of a sign.
Ryleigh Marie was born on January 30, 2011... and passed shortly after. She was 40 weeks and 1 day when she was born.. weighing at 6lbs and 2 oz. and 20 inches long.

annamarie89

Postby annamarie89 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:58 am

cakesabake wrote:I had to have an emergency C-section at 37 weeks due to HELLP syndrome. (We also lost our baby) Of course because it was a C-section my OB told me I had to wait a minimum of 6 months, and then after that point it was up to me and my husband.

Do you know what caused your baby's death? I had HELLP.. but also my baby's umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck.. when she was born.. and they said one of her lungs collapsed.. And I see my OB early next month.. So I can probaly ask then.

annamarie89

Postby Mouschin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 01:58 pm

I completely understand how you are feeling. I just lost my baby on 08/02/11 due to HELLP at 35 weeks gestation. We have a thousand questions about trying again and will be going to our OB to get as many facts as possible. Its an overwhelming decision.
Mouschin

Postby christina89 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 01:55 pm

I to lost my baby boy in June. We were told to have some testing done 6 weeks post partum. and once my blood pressure was all better I was clear to start trying again as long as my blood work came back good. Thankfully it did. We started trying in Dec and I'm very happy t say Im 12 weeks already. It was a very hard choice to make, and it hasnt been an easy ride, Its hard to be happy for another baby when you miss your child so much. but you take it day by day. and time does help heal. You will never be healed 100%. you will always be feeling like something is missing. But remember we have our angel babies to look over us everyday. Take your time to make your choice. :) Kepp us posted. Im so soo sorry for your loss :( My heart goes out to you.
christina89

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders