This board and the people on it changed my life.

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

This board and the people on it changed my life.

Postby lucy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 00:00 am

Seems like sooo few of the old posters are still here, I feel sooo bad I hardly ever get on def not as much as I used to but I keep thinking about what a lifesaver this board was through some of the hardest time of my life.

You guys were my main support after losing Sebastian and going through Sebanna's pregnancy (I still remember after I got hosplized on bedrest with Sebanna one of the wonderful ladfies here tracked down my info and I actually got a call in my hospital room) than my absolute lifeline when Sebanna died of Whooping Cough. I remember spending hours here pouring out my heart, asking questions, being angry and not understanding, I sat by this computer and sobbed to the most supportive people (you guys) when I had no one, sometimes I needed gentle words and sometimes I needed a firm kick in the butt and you guys supported me every step, I got cards and encouragement and the faith that I would survive, seriously without this board I am not sure I would have lived through Sebanna's death.

Just want you to know this board changed my life and I have never forgotten nor will I. The Preeclampsia Foundation will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart.
Mom of 4 living, 2 angels. www.myforeverangels.com
lucy

Re: This board and the people on it changed my life.

Postby rosalinda » Wed Feb 09, 2011 01:12 pm

I'd like to echo your sentiments...after the loss of my baby Elissa, I spent hours every night reading as many old posts as I could, trying to absorb it all. It would be nice if all the mommies could find time to come back after their pregnancies and offer support and wisdom. But having an 8-month old at home, I know it can be very hard sometimes.
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn
rosalinda

Postby mnmom » Thu Feb 10, 2011 07:27 pm

Awww, you made me cry. How I remember going through all of those things with you; shedding tears right along with you. Back then, there were less "online" worlds like facebook and blogs and this forum was a life line to many. I still believe it's a unique forum where you can get the facts, encouragement and support from people who truly understand all in one stop. I think about you and your family often and hope all is well!
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby l412angel » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:32 am

How fabulous! I feel like I know everyone like long lost sisters :)
Laura Angel (Factor V Leiden)
Mommy to Cara Angel 2LBS 11OZ 16 IN. Born at 30 weeks due to Severe PE & HELLP.
"My life went with you sweetheart the day angels called you home"

Our Rainbow Baby Carter born March 5 2011 7lbs 7oz 20.5in 36 weeks 4days PE FREE

Baby #3 due June 2012
l412angel

Postby caryn » Sun Feb 20, 2011 04:22 pm

Most of us are still here Lucy, just quieter than we are on Facebook. :)
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Return to Misc