Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Successful Forum Support

Would you like to share your appreciation for the Preeclampsia Foundation? Please post your comments here...

Successful Forum Support

Postby admin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 01:02 pm

by admin (72 Posts), Mon Feb 21, 2011 01:02 pm

In the home office, we recently received this comment from PE survivor Niharika Walia : "This website has helped me a lot and made it possible for me to get through my second pregnancy with a happy ending. I owe a lot to people on the forum". Thank you, Niharika, for your comment. We are so happy our Forum has been able to be there for you!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Successful Forum Support

Postby lilysmommymindy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 09:14 pm

by lilysmommymindy (258 Posts), Mon Feb 21, 2011 09:14 pm

Agreed! The forums provided me with the knowledge I needed to brave a second pregnancy, the support to sustain the pregnancy and also have a successful outcome. Additionally, the forums have been a place to help me process through the tramatic experience with my first born, like group therapy, a place to connect with others that understand. Now I try to assist and support others to pay it forward the way so many others have done for me. I frequently refer women to this site from the What to Expect Complications Boards who are looking for answers, guidance and support in the face of this terrible disease. Finally, this board has inspired me to be part of raising awareness through participating in Denver's inaugural Promise Walk. I just got a reply from my volunteer application submission and I'm so excited to be part of such an amazing cause. Thank you to the countless women who have done and continue to do so much! You rock!
Mindy
Mindy

DD#1 Lily Adrianna: 8/28/08 Born 36wks 0days due to Class 2 HELLP Syndrome and Severe Preeclampsia via csection. 4lbs 10oz 17in
Fortunate to have a healthy baby and mommy, no NICU needed.

DD#2: Tatum Nicole: 8/6/10 Born 39wks 5days Scheduled CSection Preeclampsia and HELLP FREE!
7lbs 3oz 20in
Took Baby Asprin between weeks 20-36 and was co-monitored by MFM & OBGYN
lilysmommymindy

Re: Successful Forum Support

Postby ozkate » Sat Mar 19, 2011 03:06 am

by ozkate (8 Posts), Sat Mar 19, 2011 03:06 am

Hi. I'm pregnant again, five years after losing my first baby to PE (and two years after deciding I probably shouldn't try for another baby!). I'm so glad to have this website to turn to. It is a fantastic resource and support in what is a terrifying time for me. Keep up the good work.
Lost first baby Charlie due to severe PE at 31 weeks in September 2005.
Pregnant with number 2, due 9 October 2011.
ozkate

Return to Share the Love