Spam?

If you have a technical question about how to use the Forum or a website suggestion, please post it here! Our Forum's policy lives here, too.

Spam?

Postby angieb » Thu Feb 17, 2011 04:26 pm

Maybe it's just because I'm not working and have more times on my hands to be on this website, but it seems like since the website change, we get a ton more spam than we did before. Maybe it's just my perspective, but is there something different with the new website that is making it easier for spammers to find and post?

(P.S. I flag them when I see them but if the website needs a spam remover I'd be happy to do that.)
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Re: Spam?

Postby caryn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:12 am

Angie, thanks for volunteering! I'm pretty sure we could use you in some other capacity. :)

Because it's a forum the spam problem gets solved by the technical programmer people, and they're aware of it and trying to close the loophole (whichever one it is - I'm not a techie and don't have the faintest idea how they're blocking these things.) The funniest thing about the spam is how poorly targeted and mid-'90s it is, as always. Yeah, the high-risk highly-monitored pregnant chicks are really interested in your random drugs...
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: Spam?

Postby caryn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:14 am

BTW, I'm not really an admin, so I kicked this upstairs. :D
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Return to Ask an Administrator