Dr. in Oregon

Dr. in Oregon

Postby hopkins » Sun Mar 20, 2011 07:17 pm

Wanting to try again, but my old doctor just retired and not sure about a new doctor. Anyone have any recomendations for a High Risk doctor that has dealt with PE previously? Thanks
hopkins

Re: Dr. in Oregon

Postby blythe » Sun Mar 20, 2011 08:41 pm

Sorry, we're not allowed to share doctor names through the forum for legal and IRS (advertising) reasons! We used to be able to email each other through the forum for this kind of discussion, but our redesign broke our "contact user" function. We're working on it!! In the meantime, try the MFM society physician locator. Inputting just Oregon for a search, I see at least one doctor with "hypertension" as an interest - PE is part of an umbrella of disorders related to hypertension in pregnancy. In your shoes I would find the doctors nearest me and call for a "pre-conception consult due to preeclampsia (mild or severe?) at (how many weeks gestation) in previous pregnancy". You could also call the offices of the doctors with "hypertension" as an interest, and see if they can recommend a doctor who lives closer to you. Good luck!!

https://www.smfm.org/MFM%20Member%20Locator%20Page.cfm
Heather, mom to
#1 7-18-03 - 5#8oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#2 8-11-06 - 6#14oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#3 9-10-09 - 5#10oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
blythe

Re: Dr. in Oregon

Postby kerisue » Sun Mar 20, 2011 09:18 pm

Portland Monthly did a feature on Oregon's Top Docs a month or two ago. I've included a link to the article and you can search the database of docs who made the list. My doc is on the MFM list, the only one who gave me hope for another pregnancy.

http://www.portlandmonthlymag.com/healt ... mber-2010/
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Return to Oregon