Postpartum preeclmapsia

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Postpartum preeclmapsia

Postby luvbugz » Thu Oct 07, 2010 08:32 pm

I had my baby on Sept. 15th. I had preeclampsia that turned into eclampsia during labor. I ended up having three sezuires during labor. Baby and I are fine now. I just went to my doc for a checkup and found out my bp was 176/110. I was put on Procardia. I have been taking my bp since I took the med and they still are highish 135/91. Should I still be concerned? How long does it take for the Procardia to take effect?
luvbugz

Re: Postpartum preeclmapsia

Postby fiveisanawfullybignumber » Tue Mar 22, 2011 09:09 am

Hi, I know it's been a long time since you posted, I newish here and just seen this.
I can understand your worries after having Eclamptic seizures, I had two, you feel like you've been hit by a train. Have you come to terms with your labour yet? To be honest mine still troubles me, and I had my daughter in May 2010.
My BP stayed surprisingly low throughout but has never returned to what it would normally be (has been about 100/56-60 throughout the last 18 yrs.) It's now stabilised at about 110/70, good but still high for me. I hope yours has stabilised now and you're off the BP meds.
My doc here in the UK said he wants to keep a closer eye on me, BP check and cholestrol test every 6m from here on, just to be on the safe side as we are now at higher risk of other health issues. It's good to finally hear about other women who've had similar experiences to mine, who understand, and similarly I can empathise with your situation.
fiveisanawfullybignumber

Return to After your baby is born .....