Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Just had a thought...

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Just had a thought...

Postby cmccaffrey » Tue Mar 15, 2011 02:10 am

by cmccaffrey (458 Posts), Tue Mar 15, 2011 02:10 am

I'm having another random sleepless night and crazy ideas always seem to pop into my head when I can't sleep. Like.... What if I become pregnant with twins this next time around (which is a huge possibility because it runs in the family)? I had severe early onset preeclampsia with a singleton... how would my body handle multiples? Has anyone made it through a multiples after having preeclampsia and a preemie?

errrr... I should have put that on my list of questions to ask the perinatologist.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Re: Just had a thought...

Postby kerisue » Tue Mar 15, 2011 08:19 am

by kerisue (623 Posts), Tue Mar 15, 2011 08:19 am

Having twins isn't going to cause preeclampsia, but I believe multiples can increase your odds unfortunately.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Re: Just had a thought...

Postby junco » Wed Mar 30, 2011 00:53 am

by junco (14 Posts), Wed Mar 30, 2011 00:53 am

My very dear friend ended up with pre-e @ 32 weeks with her twins after a month of hospital bedrest. She had no other factors except for IVF. Her doctor inferred that her pre-e was because of the twins and now she's under the impression that if she has a singleton next time there will be no risk whatsoever.

Sorry, I'm just rambling here. :) On the bright side, if you did get pregnant with twins, you'd be monitored pretty closely and every little thing would be scrutinized. That never guarantees the best outcomes, but at least you'd have the peace of knowing that you were on the watch list.
junco

Return to Misc