Event

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Event

Postby dodson_clan_5 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:32 am

Hi! I have been a part of PF for awhile I just lost my username. My name is Malia Dodson! I just shared my story and memory board at the San Diego WAT and was so touched by this event and I love Becky and Alicia! Thanks for all you do, ladies! On another note, I have spoken with my OBGYN (I had severe preeclampsia that ended in eclamptic seizures, my daughter is now almost 5) and he is willing to speak at an event I am hoping to host on May 30th! It's at a nearby park, snacks and dessert is provided. The only ones that know about the possibility are my family and close friends. It told my OB it had to be approved. I do need to let him know ASAP. It's a huge park, with a huge stage, I have all the equipment and some giveaways! I have no doubt this event will have a hit! If you would need more information, please let me know, I made up a flyer as well. I am very passionate about this, esp. after such a wonderful WAT, but I do understand if I need to do something different!
Thank you and God Bless,
Malia Dodson
dodson_clan_5

Re : Event

Postby dodson_clan_5 » Thu May 14, 2009 03:33 pm

I was very brief in my last post. Everything is provided and ALL proceeds WILL go to the preeclampsia foundation! The only thing I would like is a banner. I have flyers to hand out at the hospital I delivered and spent a lot of time at. My OBGYN's office, family and friends, and I attend a huge church. I also have people willing to volunteer. It will be at a park. There is a huge stage...playground, and tons of grassy area, as well as a walking trail. I do have a couple sponsers waiting for the approval as well :-) and I have some games for the children (adults can participate as well). PLEASE let me know what other information I may need. I am open to all ideas and any help! I have FAITH this will be a WINNER! I also have a check for Becky from myself and my family (Becky, I will have it in the mail ASAP.....)! I never knew about all this stuff, and I feel like I missed out on spreading the awareness...I am here to help and volunteer in any way I can! Again, let me know what else you may need to help me make this event possible! I do need to know ASAP, for I am planning the event on May 30th! Thank you with all my heart!
God Bless,
Malia Dodson
dodson_clan_5

Postby caryn » Thu May 14, 2009 07:54 pm

Malia, it's not you -- they made a backup of the site today because they are moving the servers tomorrow, and everything was down for the last three hours or so.

I bet Kara will be by shortly. :-)
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby dodson_clan_5 » Thu May 14, 2009 09:12 pm

Oh no worries, sounds good! I went to Sharp Chula Vista today and got lots of goodies that will be very helpful. I also got coupons for Seaworld and such. I hope I am not jumping the gun. If anything I can host something different :-) I am just so passionate about this! Thanks Caryn!
dodson_clan_5

Postby kara » Thu May 14, 2009 09:14 pm

Hi Malia,

Please email me at Kara.Boeldt@preeclampsia.org with the location, name of the park, your flyer, and your address for the banner. I must say that we are a bit short on banners as we are having our Awareness walks all over the country (and one walk in Canada), but I'll see what we can do for you. We also have brochures and other handouts we can provide. Also, if you can give me your agenda for the event, that would be great.

Looking forward to talking with you.
Kara Boeldt
National Walk Coordinator
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby Dawn D » Sat May 16, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi Malia,
it was nice talking with you by phone yesterday. Although you have decided not to host an event at this time, we appreciate your dedication and passion toward the cause, and look forward to working with you on projects in the future.
Dawn D

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange