Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Living from cycle to cycle

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Living from cycle to cycle

Postby cmccaffrey » Thu Apr 07, 2011 02:25 am

by cmccaffrey (458 Posts), Thu Apr 07, 2011 02:25 am

Yes, I know I am crazy... but I seriously feel as though I am just counting down till go time. I am supposed to get off coumadin in the upcoming weeks and all I can think about is TTC again. I feel like every day I am counting down until my next period because I will be that much closer to trying again. I honestly don't want to think about it any more, but it's become a type of neurosis that I just can't stop. Has anyone had this? I am almost ashamed of how much I obsess over becoming pregnant. If my some of my friends knew, I am sure they would try to commit me. I've already spoke to my therapist about this... apparently its not abnormal, but I just wish I could possibly focus my attention elsewhere because I am sure time would go by more quickly then.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Re: Living from cycle to cycle

Postby trish9 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 08:42 am

by trish9 (74 Posts), Thu Apr 07, 2011 08:42 am

Christa I don't think that you are crazy at all. I think most of us that had a loss and want to try again probably feel like that. I have been obsessively thinking about TTC since about 6 or 7 months after our loss of Alexander, but I had to put a hold on everything until we got my kidney issues figured out. The time could not pass fast enough for me. Now that we have the green light though I am feeling really scared about what I could be facing. I am still 100% committed to trying, but the nerves are just kicking in. I wish none of us had to have so many fears about something that most women do everyday without problems!
Trish
Pre-eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks +2 days
My little love Alexander. Born and passed on January 3rd, 2010.
Underlying disorders: IgA nephropathy, chronic hypertension and Hashimoto's thyroiditis
trish9

Re: Living from cycle to cycle

Postby riehlism » Tue Apr 19, 2011 03:44 pm

by riehlism (655 Posts), Tue Apr 19, 2011 03:44 pm

I was the same way when I lost my son. My husband was more reluctant to try immediately. He was still dealing with the trauma of almost losing me as well. So it took a while for him to become comfortable with it (6 months or so). I was on fertility friend daily, multiple times even. I even convinced my doctor to help me speed things up and gave me Clomid. After two empty cycles, I conceived on my own.

In hindsight, waiting for husband to get ready, and 3 cycles of trying was worth the wait. It really helped put things in perspective, properly deal with my grief (so that I was sure I didn't want a baby to replace the one I lost, but because I was truly ready), and to help my body physically heal from the ordeal. Living in the waiting period, however, was absolute torture.

I have to say, right when I gave up on temping, charting, cervical fluid hunting was when I got pregnant.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Return to Misc