2011 Memory Quilt

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

2011 Memory Quilt

Postby rosemary » Tue Jan 11, 2011 08:02 pm

The Promise Walk Team is pleased to announce that the memory quilt is back! In 2007 and 2008 foundation members came together to create memory quilts to benefit the Preeclampsia Foundation. Foundation members were asked to design and create a quilt square to honor a loved one lost to preeclampsia or to honor a survivor. The past quilts have been auctioned off at the yearly Saving Grace – A Night of Hope 2007-08 events and were a huge success. The quilts not only raised awareness and research funds, but provided an emotional outlet for family members to spotlight their loved ones. The Promise Walk wants to give those who wish to participate a chance to remember and honor their sons, daughters, mothers, aunts, and sisters. The new quilt will be displayed at walks around the country during the 2011 walk season.

If you would like participate, email Rosemary Jorden at rosemary1550@aol.com. Please include in your email your full name and mailing address - and word QUILT in the subject line. A pre-cut fabric square, written instructions, general guidelines, and a return envelope will be mailed to you. There is a strictly enforced deadline of March 1, 2011 to return the square to ensure enough time for the quilt to be assembled. If you have questions, feel free to post here or email me.
Rosemary - 47 - Central, PA
Momma to Kayleigh 8/25/88 - 36 weeks
Elliott 8/29/04 - lost at 20 weeks due to severe PE/HELLP
Proud Grandma to Max Allen 10/19/10.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Re: 2011 Memory Quilt

Postby jcdaisy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 01:31 am

I so wish that I did not miss this deadline.... I feel so helpless and would love to do something that would be not only supporting all who have lost a little angel and to honor the memory of my sweet grandson...I guess I will just share a little anyway if you dont mind indulging me.
My grandchild was due on April 4th...and we were all excited as it was a first for both families. My daughter in law was so amazing during the pregnancy and took every possible precaution to deliver a healthy baby...we were all waiting until delivery to find out what it was, little did I know he would have died before we could make the announcement with the joy and excitement we had all anticipated. On Friday, March 11th my daughter in law went to the doc to find that her BP was significantly elevated. I wish I was aware of all of the symptoms that she had prior to that, but my daughter in law had notified the docs and they unfortunately let her down and failed her in her treatment. Friday, when things had already skyrocketed, they decided to do a 24 hour urine catch, Sunday afternoon my daughter in law decided to go get her test results as her syptoms were still concerning her. She was shocked to see a giant red H and a red flag on her results,When she called the doc on call. he scolded her for looking at her own test results... but quickly called back with apologies and had her come to the hospital for a nonstress test. When that was done she was admitted and they were told that the baby would either be born naturally or induced within the next 48 -72 hours...long story short they were unable to get good heartrate on fetal monitor so did ultrasound...our baby had passed probably 4 days prior.. the next day they induced and at 5:06pm om March 14th my angel grandson was born.. I held my sweet boy and rocked him and said goodbye. The road of healing will be a long one, but I refuse to ignore that he is my first grandchild and I will love him and miss him forever, I cannot imagine the grief the kids are dealing with,but I am proud of the loving bond that they share, I am glad that this organization is working to make people aware of this silent destroyer of dreams so perhaps others will not have to suffer this devestating loss. I pray for you all!! Thank you for letting me share and find a small way to make others aware of the beautiful grandson that I have and love with all of my heart.... Sandi
jcdaisy

Postby rosemary » Sun Mar 20, 2011 02:49 pm

Sandi,

I am so incredibly sorry for the loss of your precious Grandson. PE is an awful disease that has taken so much from so many. So many of us didn't know the signs and symptoms until we had our own experience.

When your daughter in law feels up to it, we welcome her to visit the website too. I found the site shortly after my loss. The information and support that I found here, helped me through some of the worst days of my life.

There are many ways of getting involved and spreading awareness about PE which can be found on the site. Sharing your personal story, as you have done here, makes a difference.

Your daughter in law is blessed to have you as a source of support. You, your family and sweet Grandson are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you peace and healing.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Fri Apr 08, 2011 00:32 am

Rosemary, how did the quilt turn out? Can we see a picture of it?
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Tue Apr 12, 2011 09:24 pm

The quilt is under way - I will post lots of photos when it's done.
rosemary
Forum Moderator

Return to Grief and Loss