I have finally made my decision

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
Registered User
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 02:03 am

Re: I have finally made my decision

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Apr 20, 2011 09:47 pm

Wow good for you for going with your heart. I know it is scary,but I see alot of us go on to have a healthy baby after such tragedy. We have also decided to try again . We lost our only baby this past august Benjamin,he lived for 4 months in the nicu. This month april 28th would have been his 1st birthday. We have decided after his bday has passed we will try again. sending us both love,strength and health!!! Happy Baby making!!! xoxo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013

User avatar
Registered User
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 01:03 pm

Re: I have finally made my decision

Postby jean » Wed Apr 20, 2011 05:36 pm

It's so hard to decide whether or not to take the plunge a 2nd time through. Wishing you the best of luck, and let us know how things are going!
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!


Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:00 pm

I have finally made my decision

Postby lornarose » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:25 am

Okay, this is it, I have made my decision after much agonising thought. Since finding this forum, I have talked myself through whether or not to risk another baby or just be happy with my beautiful DD. My family doctor whom I saw last week was so blase, it was unbelievable. She gave me a clean bill of health and dismissed PE as very common really especially with primigravidias. I think she is a wonderful doctor but I don't feel she is an expert on PE. Anyway my decision is to go ahead with trying for another baby. I know my decision is not grounded in any way with reality but this is how I feel. It is my nature crying out for another pregnancy, another baby, a sibling, another son or daughter, a full house. I am so aware there are no guarantees with this disease or whether I will be lucky enought to concieve. I am going to give it my best shot. I would like to start trying in June or July, my DD will be 9 months old. I am clinging to the two year window period to hopefully get a better outcome in a subsequent pregnancy if I was lucky enought to concieve. I will no doubt be a regular poster to thrash out all the issues going on in my head. I love your support ladies.
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests