Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Lonely

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Lonely

Postby cmccaffrey » Sun May 08, 2011 02:39 am

by cmccaffrey (458 Posts), Sun May 08, 2011 02:39 am

Having Mother's Day breakfast over skype with my husband who is on a work trip in Austria. I live far away from the rest of my family, so I am alone... No husband, no parents, no baby. I wish things were so different. My therapist and I planned out what I would do so that I would get out of bed today. Church, lunch, take a friend to the airport, yoga, dinner, tv and bed. It looks like I will probably be scratching church off of the agenda because supposedly it is a mother's day themed sermon... I hope I can get myself out of bed in the AM. Hope you ladies are dealing with this better than I am. Happy Mother's Day <3
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Re: Lonely

Postby kerisue » Sun May 08, 2011 11:52 am

by kerisue (623 Posts), Sun May 08, 2011 11:52 am

Christa, I'm not going to church today either for the same reason. It's a very bittersweet day, mostly bitter but just a little bit sweet. I was awake with insomnia last night (unusual) and I finally figured out why. I don't think you need to expect yourself to deal well with it. Of course it's going to suck! I would just try to get through it as fast as you can. Maybe add in some pampering for you like a pedicure? And you may be alone physically, but you know all of us other moms who are without our babies too are together in spirit. Image
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Re: Lonely

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sun May 08, 2011 06:19 pm

by holly3372@msn.com (478 Posts), Sun May 08, 2011 06:19 pm

Kerisue I LOVE all the little smiley faces and green lights hearts etc you always put up!! So cute!!! I am awful with the computer still cant figure out how to put my picture here lol.
Yes,mothers day oh boy. My first without Benjamin and no other kiddies. I did go to my parents and Max my dad and brother in law made us all a big breakfast. I held back tears so many times but made it through. When we got home I knew I needed to be alone so took a drive to the beach( I live in florida) I went for a a long walk and a swim. I cried my eyes out and then looked up and saw a beautiful dolphin swimming just feet from me. Was it a sign? I don't know but it brought some kind of peace to my aching heart. Tough day for us girls,Kerisue was right we are not alone we are all there for eachother in spirit. Thinking of you and our sweet babies. Sending love xoxo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Return to Grief and Loss