Happy First Birthday Baby Blue

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
riehlism

Happy First Birthday Baby Blue

Postby riehlism » Sat Jun 04, 2011 00:58 am

Our son, Francisco James Riehl Jimeno, was born on June 3, 2010 at 9:40 pm, 24+6. He was 1lb 7oz and 12.25 inches.

It is a very strange feeling to visit our son at the cemetery, while feeling our new baby kicking inside my belly. We miss him so much. Over the course of the year, the intensity of the pain is less. I am thankful that my husband and I have worked hard together in dealing with our grief. We both feel prepared to love and care for our new baby while keeping the love and memory of Blue separate. We know little Snowflake isn't a replacement and that is very reassuring.

We decided to take the day off today. We stayed snuggled in bed and recalled the events of the day leading to his birth. It was sad. It is still sad. But we also talked about how much of his personality came out in the few months he was growing inside me. Our memories are short, yet profound.

I wish other mom's celebrating their babies lives the same kind of peace. To moms learning to deal with grief, it gets better. Time and effort is key. But it does get better.

I miss my Baby Blue. Happy Birthday and sweet dreams.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192

Return to “Grief and Loss”