Post-Delivery Lab Numbers

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
patty

Re: Post-Delivery Lab Numbers

Postby patty » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:42 am

It can take a long time for everything to get back down to normal. I am surprised the did a 24hr so soon postpartum. I know I was still dipping like 3 or 4 plus a month out and my high risk ob's did not seem concerned just said it takes a while especially if you had a really high amount when you delivered.
Patty mom to: Seth 6-24-95 (severe preeclampsia that got worse postpartum, delivered at 36 weeks), Brooks 9-11-98 (preeclampsia delivered at 35weeks), Sylvia 5-24-01(my only girl, PIH delivered at 38 weeks), Raleigh 2-19-06 (born on my 37th birthday, severe preeclamsia, 3 weeks of hospital bedrest, delivered at 34 weeks) and last but not least little Randall 5-07-08, 3lbs 11oz.(severe preeclampsia, a month of hospital bedrest, delivered at 31weeks, 25days in the NICU with RDS, chest tubes and NEC)

heather j
Forum Moderator

Re: Post-Delivery Lab Numbers

Postby heather j » Sat Jun 11, 2011 08:20 pm

It *could* still be that high. It took awhile for all my values to settle into normal range. <150 is considered normal for someone who's not pregnant, so you aren't terribly far off. We do have members who spill pretty decent quantities outside of pregnancy due to kidney damage or other medical reasons. Do you have any idea what your kidney function looked like prior to this pregnancy? I think the last time my doctors checked following my PE pregnancy was four months out, and all was normal. I would definitely, at this point, follow up with an internist. Hope that helps!
Heather (PAI-1 4G/4G) mama to:
Nicolas Edison (6/2004) 36 weeks, PE, HELLP, and placental abruption
Ella Amelia (3/2007) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Oliver Lyon (1/2011) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Milo Mason (2/2014) 39 weeks PE-free

twolittlebirds

Post-Delivery Lab Numbers

Postby twolittlebirds » Thu Jun 09, 2011 08:55 pm

I'm not feeling very comfortable with my current OB care, so I think I've got to advocate for myself pretty hard here.

My last baby was born on 4/13 at 37 weeks due to pre-e. 7 weeks PP, I repeated the 24 hour urine test and metabolic panel. My 24 hour came back at 248 and my uric acid is elevated (10.7). My OB's office didn't seem concerned, just saying that it was going down as it should.

Should it still be that high? When should I request to repeat the tests? This was my 2nd pregnancy with pre-e.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”