Rabbit Hole

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Rabbit Hole

Postby m » Wed Jul 06, 2011 05:17 pm

Has anyone seen the movie Rabbit Hole (about a couple grieving after their young son is killed in an accident)? Is anyone thinking about it? For some reason, I want to watch it but I'm not sure if I should or if I would even be able to make it through the whole movie.
DS 2/5/09 - 2/13/09; severe PE at 28 weeks
DD March 2010; PIH, preterm labor at 36 weeks, 10 days NICU
m

Re: Rabbit Hole

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Jul 06, 2011 06:39 pm

Wow,just today a friend of mine said she saw this movie and thought of me so much. Said it was very powerful and sad. I feel the same as you about it. I know myself though and will end up watching it eventually. I did watch little man the documentary......ugh but just felt I had to. I heard the movie the tree of life also has a baby loss or child loss in it. It's with Brad Pitt and it's out in the theaters now
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby kerisue » Thu Jul 07, 2011 08:20 am

I haven't seen the movie, but I did see the play it's based on. That was prior to my own loss though. It was intense, but was focused less on the loss per se and more on the relationship between the husband and wife after the loss and the different ways they dealt with it.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby angieb » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:03 pm

I've seen it, and, eh. I think I had my hopes too high, I had planned to buy it and make it a good comfort movie...not so much. It's worth renting but I was a bit diappointed.

In some ways,I think it's better for friends/family who have not lost a child to get *some* (a little) insight into our new worlds. I mean, there were some things I could totally relate to and had me nodding, but a lot of it not so much.

There were a few things that annoyed me a little, like bereaved mothers acting bat**** crazy. Though there are definitely moments when I have *felt* crazy, I haven't stalked anyone lately, etc. etc. etc. and I would venture a guess that most of us aren't out stalking people. So, I kind of had mixed feelings about it. I think it's worth a watch, and definitely expect to cry and there will be things you will relate to. But some of it just kinda annoyed me.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/
angieb

Return to Grief and Loss