Post Reply FAQ Members Login

not what I thought

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

not what I thought

Postby cmccaffrey » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:06 pm

by cmccaffrey (458 Posts), Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:06 pm

I know I will never stop missing Mason, but some days are so difficult. I didn't think being pregnant would get rid of the difficult days, but I just thought it would be different and possibly better. I think about him and then I think about this pregnancy and I just can't see myself ever being a mother. Do/Did any of you ever feel this sense of hopelessness?
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Re: not what I thought

Postby m » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:49 am

by m (140 Posts), Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:49 am

Yes - I did feel that way. It was so difficult to enjoy my second pregnancy. I had a sense of hope, but at the same time I was terrified that I would lose another baby, and there were days when I was certain I would never bring a baby home. It was such a hard time. I found that as my pregnancy progressed I began to be more confident and optimistic. Just take care of yourself and take it day by day.
DS 2/5/09 - 2/13/09; severe PE at 28 weeks
DD March 2010; PIH, preterm labor at 36 weeks, 10 days NICU
m

Postby uncskristy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 04:01 pm

by uncskristy (170 Posts), Mon Jul 11, 2011 04:01 pm

I agree with M. As this pregnancy has progressed I have become more optimistic especially now getting to the time where I was experiencing PE symptoms with Cooper and knock on wood so far so PE symptoms with Blaine. Day by the day is key.
Kristy
Mommy of Three Boys- Davis 10/4/2007(No PE, overbaked at 40wks, 2 days),
Cooper 5/20/2010-5/21/2010 (born too early at 24wks, 2 days due to severe PE) and
Blaine 10/11/11 (35wks, 6 days, mild but quick moving PE)
Wife to Matthew since 6/11/2005
uncskristy

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Tue Jul 12, 2011 05:21 pm

by holly3372@msn.com (478 Posts), Tue Jul 12, 2011 05:21 pm

Aw,well I am not pregnant again after the loss of Benjamin,but I would imagine I'd feel the same. After what we went through hard to be any way else for the most part I guess. Hang in there.Like everyone says take it day by day. I do love all the positive take home baby stories I see here after pre-e!!! Sending hugs and love your way xo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby frogibe » Tue Jul 12, 2011 07:37 pm

by frogibe (327 Posts), Tue Jul 12, 2011 07:37 pm

I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I too still feel this way. I don't feel hopeless every day but I have my moments. I guess what gives me hope at this point is that I am a month further along. It is very tough having another baby after a loss but you just need to take it day by day as hard as it is to do. HUGS!
Jennifer(27) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We are expecting #3 in April 2013
frogibe

Postby kbunsey » Sat Jul 30, 2011 09:35 pm

by kbunsey (895 Posts), Sat Jul 30, 2011 09:35 pm

Before, during and after. I wanted to believe it, but hardly did until Kyle arrived safely here. Then once he was here, I was so severely post partum depressed I didn't think I'd survive the rest of my life, let alone ever see the world in color again. And some days - I still don't believe it while I'm brushing aside the hair on my sleeping almost 2 year old, thanking him for coming here to be my baby! ;) I believed it in my heart - which - after a PE loss can be hard to get in touch with b/c the mind and emotions are so confused and scared by the trauma. When I couldn't find my heart, I clung to words of doctors - things like, "the odds are in your favor" and stories of hope on the PE forum. It is hard work. And still is. I didn't just show up here today for no reason - I must need some support of my own. I knew another pregnancy and and another baby wouldn't replace FB - although sometimes I think the rest of the world acts as if it should - but - I too didn't think it would stay as bad - or be as challenging. I remember crying so hard I'd be on the floor, kneeling on all fours - apologizing, questioning, begging for forgiveneness. This one time was after a really great OB apt for Kyle w/ an ultrasound/growth scan and I just kept telling FB, "I'm so sorry you didn't get to grow as big" - that was rough. I just never know what's going to stir up emotions. I can't even plan for it. It was really challenging work being pregnant again after FB. But...I got through it. And when I was nearing the end of my pregnancy, freaking about being induced, my OB said, "These are the final days of your pregnancy - enjoy them before they are over" - and it really struck me. Looking back - I did have a GREAT pregnancy! I was lucky or blessed or whatever you want to call it. I was so healthy, I didn't even have any "normal" pregnancy issues like swollen ankles or hemmoroids, let alone PE again. And Kyle's induction went great! Aside from my PTSD and emotions - it really was a wonderful experience. And now, w/ a toddler, being pregnant again - I don't know if it gets easier - b/c I'm still anxious every day that I'm pregnant - but it gets easier to put the fears and emotions on the backshelf and check in with them later. They used to be in my face, constantly demanding my attention. Well, now...

Do your best to get through it. Ask for help when you need it. Give yourself a break. Be gentle with you.
Katie, married to Doug. Mom to Fiona Elizabeth, stillborn June 21, 2008 @ 26w; Severe Preeclampsia. Loved. Kyle James, born October 29, 2009 @ 39w; Healthy and PE Free!!! Josephine, born Nov.17, 2011 @ 39w; PE free again. Woot!
kbunsey

Return to Grief and Loss