Post Reply FAQ Members Login

SO..... Am I completely crazy??

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Postby jend01 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 am

by jend01 (375 Posts), Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 am

After seeing all that my sister has gone through, almost exactly the same way I did, I still think we are going to try for another baby! My feelings haven't really changed about our decision, but I am a little more scared! My sister had a seizure Monday, 3 weeks after her daughter was born, mine happened about a week after my son was born. The doctors were watching her very closely and she had been monitoring her BP at home. Everything was looking fine and out of the blue her BP spiked and she started to seize! I just wish that there was some predictability as we both had preeclampsia that did not get better after delivery and escalated to eclampsia. I went even further into HELLP syndrom! I feel like I am really testing fate by going for our second, but I have faith in God. I have a much better understanding now, and my outlook on life has changed making me think more positivly!! But I still think I may be a little crazy ;)
DS July 8th 2008 36+weeks
-No signs, no symptoms, Severe PE led to HELLP and eclampsia. My wonderful doctors saved my life based on a large weight gain between appointments!
-chronic hypertensive and PTSD, doing well on meds :)
07/11 - TTC :)
jend01

Re: SO..... Am I completely crazy??

Postby aajatwins » Thu Jul 21, 2011 02:42 pm

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Thu Jul 21, 2011 02:42 pm

I'm sure some people would call you crazy ;) but those people aren't here!!
After having twins and then having seizure during my delivery of twins, there are probably a TON of people who call me crazy. My faith in Jesus is all that keeps me from being completely scared to go through it all again. And this time around, my BP hasn't been over 90/60 (my normal) the whole 25 weeks. So there's a little more hope for you! Best wishes!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby jean » Thu Jul 21, 2011 05:16 pm

by jean (675 Posts), Thu Jul 21, 2011 05:16 pm

I hear ya! I had a bad case of HELLP. But our son died, and we can't bear to let an opportunity pass us by that we might regret for the rest of our lives, so we decided to try again.

Best wishes to you, and keep us all posted!
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Postby riehlism » Thu Jul 21, 2011 07:29 pm

by riehlism (655 Posts), Thu Jul 21, 2011 07:29 pm

Not crazy. I had hellp and PE and lost my son at 24+6 since my case was so severe. Now I'm already 25 weeks into it with no problem (fingers cross and knocking on wood). After we lost our son, we knew we wanted another one. But we also knew it would be crazy to go about it without making changes. We saw my OB and MFM who laid out a plan for us for baby number 2.

If you decide to try again, have you developed a plan with your provider(s)? Or have you not gotten that far into the planning phase as of yet?
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia