Update On Me

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Update On Me

Postby lornarose » Thu Jul 21, 2011 05:15 pm

To my dear PE sisters, I have had a traumatic summer. I had an abnormal pap smear in April, I was referred for colposcopy. This exam went okay as the consultant said my cervix looked healthy. There were too tiny areas that she thought were of no significance but she took a biopsy to be on the safe side. The results of the biopsy came back as severe cell changes. I was very frightened. I had to get a lletz procedure to remove the abnormal cells and had to wait five weeks to get the results of that procedure to make sure all cells had been removed and that there was nothing more serious. My heart did not stop beating for those five weeks. I am just so glad that they got all the nasty cells. I haven't cried yet but the stress and all the medical issues I have had in the past year are finally starting to sink in. I am feeling a little sad and also in a weird way feel like I have faced my own mortality again. What is wrong with my body? My immune system? The consultant said that it wouldn't be a disaster if I were to get pregnant in the near future but I do need to get a smear in 6 months time to make sure all is normal. I am just starting to think that I am climbing a bigger mountain than just PE now and don't know if I am strong enough. I am sorry if I upset anyone, I just feel a little defeated and just need to vent. Love to you all. Thankyou for listening.
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.
lornarose

Re: Update On Me

Postby riehlism » Thu Jul 21, 2011 07:43 pm

My sister and some friends also had cervical dysplasia and went through the same procedure. One of my friends had to do it a couple of times, but she is in the clear now. I don't know how common it is in your part of the world, but I know that it's a pretty common thing that happens to women here of reproductive age. There's also a link between that and HPV, which is why there is such a push to gets teens and young women under 25 vaccinated against it.

Hopefully this was just a speed bump.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192
riehlism

Postby caryn » Sat Jul 23, 2011 02:59 pm

There is *nothing* wrong with you. This is why we invented modern medicine. It happens all the time. People just don't talk about it, much like they don't talk about miscarriages.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sun Jul 24, 2011 09:28 am

That's right there is nothing wrong with you. You have every right to feel overwhelmed by it all . You have been through so much. Give yourself that time to heal now . You are stronger then you give yourself credit for.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby audrey s. » Mon Jul 25, 2011 00:34 am

Also, anything you can do to strengthen your immune system: eating right, getting enough sleep (hard to do with a baby, I know!), will really help improve your chances of fighting off the virus that causes dysplasia. I've had several procedures (one after my hysterectomy, which wasn't for that reason) but was finally able to clear the virus from my system and have been clear for ten years now. Good luck with this, and hopefully you will be clear on future smears!
Mom to Rebecca, now 16 and honor student. 37-week, two months in NICU for her thanks to NEC and meningitis. One month in hospital for me, HELLP syndrome and severe hyper-reflexia. All healthy now, more or less!
audrey s.

Postby lornarose » Thu Aug 04, 2011 04:52 pm

Thankyou all for your messages of support. I have snapped out of self pity mode and feel strong. I am going to try and put health anxiety issues to bed. I have to live in the moment. Thankyou all so much-fantastic ladies.xxx
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.
lornarose

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia