My daughter turns 3... Thank you all.

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Re: My daughter turns 3... Thank you all.

Postby Lee2011 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 01:23 pm

Sending a large **HUG** to you both - enjoy the day!!!
Mother to baby boy Lee born 12/3/2011 after emergency induction at 38weeks following diagnosis of severe atypical HELLP syndrome. Having come within hours of losing both our lives every smile is a celebration.
Baby sister Paige c-sectioned at 38 weeks with no signs of HELLP :)

audrey s.

Postby audrey s. » Fri Jul 29, 2011 02:34 am

Mine turned 16 a couple of weeks ago. Every year, at 7:34 on July 12, I pretty much still cry on cue, or at least get misty-eyed. This year, she wasn't even home; she was in San Francisco at camp!

I still remember; her birth was quite traumatic for us both and we both bear lifelong scars and challenges as a result. And, other than the days when I would cheerfully trade her in on another model, :roll: , I am very, very grateful for the gift of her (and my) life.
Mom to Rebecca, now 16 and honor student. 37-week, two months in NICU for her thanks to NEC and meningitis. One month in hospital for me, HELLP syndrome and severe hyper-reflexia. All healthy now, more or less!

Postby lilysmommymindy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:56 pm

Happy 3rd Birthday, to your daughter! What a blessing we are reminded we have when we celebrate the day our lives changed forever! My HELLP baby turns 3 at the end of the month and it amazes me how I still think about the experience so much and how much it has impacted my life! Like you, I am so thankful for these forums. Have fun celebrating!

DD#1 Lily Adrianna: 8/28/08 Born 36wks 0days due to Class 2 HELLP Syndrome and Severe Preeclampsia via csection. 4lbs 10oz 17in
Fortunate to have a healthy baby and mommy, no NICU needed.

DD#2: Tatum Nicole: 8/6/10 Born 39wks 5days Scheduled CSection Preeclampsia and HELLP FREE!
7lbs 3oz 20in
Took Baby Asprin between weeks 20-36 and was co-monitored by MFM & OBGYN

My daughter turns 3... Thank you all.

Postby ajpratt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 05:38 am

My daughter turns 3 on Sunday... Do I even need to complete that sentence? You ALL know what I am feeling because you have all felt it, too. As I go through the preparations for her party, I get weepy because I relive everything that happened. I thank God everyday for our outcome, but you know the bag of mixed emotions I have right now. I am so thankful I found the PE forums because you all let me cry and held my hand and offered hugs and made me feel normal again. Thank you all.

Return to “HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders”