Post Reply FAQ Members Login

I am feeling more ready then ever!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

I am feeling more ready then ever!

Postby ktsl123 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:25 pm

by ktsl123 (297 Posts), Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:25 pm

When I had my son the high risk Doctor that came in my hospital room to tell me I had preeclampsia and talk to me and my husband was such a nice Doctor and I remember him being incredibly honest, smart and informative. Today I met with him after seeing 4 other high risk Doctors. I have had such a hard time feeling comfortable about conceiving because I have been so scared. The 4 high risk Doctors that I met with I felt no connection too. The Doctors gave me the facts and the go ahead, but didn't seem to care about my fear or concerns I kind of felt like (just another patient).

Today I met with the 5th high risk Doctor (the one I met when I had my son) and I felt such a good connection with him. I felt like he really addressed my concerns. I told him I am afraid to die and that is what is keeping me from moving forward with trying ttc when I really want to. He made me feel so comfortable and he told me that he promises me that I will absolutely not die. He explained to me that that is what happens to women that don't get prenatal care or obviouly really bad prenantal care. He said I would be watched and monitered so very closely and it's a good thing that we know I am at high risk for preeclampsia because obviously they will be watching for that my whole pregnancy. He explained to me that when someone does get sick it's usually the same time or later and he explained to me that generally about 80% of his patients that had PE did not get it again.

I am so happy that I met up with this Dr again and I can't believe that I can actually feel as comfortable ttc as I do. It definitly helps to find a Dr that you are comfortable with because I really trust this man. He also told me his wife had PE with their first kid, but not the next 2 kids. I am so happy because I feel like I can bring another child in this world and not be so scared.

He also made me realize that while going on website's like these forums are great for support, but we also see some worst case scenarios that scare the crap out of us. When most of the time Mom's and babies do well even when they have PE.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09
ktsl123

Re: I am feeling more ready then ever!

Postby rhodges » Tue Jul 26, 2011 07:35 pm

by rhodges (20 Posts), Tue Jul 26, 2011 07:35 pm

Thanks for sharing this post. You sound a lot like me and I'm so happy that you have found a doctor that will help you move forward. This post helped me feel more confident my decision to ttc. Just a quick question, did you have referrals from your ob to meet with multiple Mfm docs? II've only met with one and tried to meet with others, but can't without referrals from my ob.
rhodges

Postby ktsl123 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 00:23 am

by ktsl123 (297 Posts), Wed Jul 27, 2011 00:23 am

With my insurance I do not have to get a referral, I can call the office of whatever Dr I want to see and make an Appt. I found Dr's by asking my regular Ob if she knew some great high risk Dr's, I found 2 high risk Dr's by asking some girls that I found on this forum, and I found another hight risk Dr just by looking at reviews on the interernet, This one I love I had met at the hospital when I had my son and for the longest time I could not remember his name until recently about 2 years later it just popped in my head and I looked up his office number!

Another thing you can do is go to your insurance website and look up physicians who take your insurance that way. good luck! And don't give up till you find one you love!
ktsl123

Postby princesspurr » Fri Jul 29, 2011 01:11 pm

by princesspurr (39 Posts), Fri Jul 29, 2011 01:11 pm

I can't meet with any with our referrals either and my doc feels I don't need to meet with one until I get pregnant :-( ugh
Val (32) & Carlos (30)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
princesspurr

Postby ktsl123 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 01:44 pm

by ktsl123 (297 Posts), Fri Jul 29, 2011 01:44 pm

Your Dr should understand that you want to find a Dr that you are comfortable with and really trust. You deserve that.
ktsl123

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia