why else can period be so late?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re : why else can period be so late?

Postby alexa5 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:09 am

Jen, glad yours was more on schedule this time!

quote:
if I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative that there is still a chance that I could be pregnant or would you not worry?

If you are already a little late I would guess you are not pregnant. At least for me, the two times I was pregnant I was even able to test a few days early and get a positive. So, if you were pregnant, most likely you would have gotten a positive test by now, though I realize for some people it takes longer.

I would guess you are like the rest of us in this thread..having an off cycle!
alexa5

Postby jend01 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 01:04 pm

mbshu - I'd say your chances are very low for being pg. I am a worrier so I personally would still be concerned, but after my last cycle being so late I had plenty of time to research online and it is normal. The negative pt is pretty accurate too. I think I may have stressted myself out so much last month that it made me even later than I would have been. So try not to worry about it and it will come ;)
jend01

Postby mbshu » Mon Aug 30, 2010 01:22 pm

thanks Alexa and Jen. I am definetely a worrier, I can't stand the fact that it still is not here. I took a second test yesterday morning and again it was negative. I am now 5 days late and still cannot believe I have not gotten it. My fear is that I am on blood pressure medication & anti-anxiety medication which my cardio told me absolutely cannot be taken while you are pregnant. I keep saying to myself that I can't be, but then I think what if I am taking this medication every day and i was?
mbshu

Postby jend01 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 04:31 pm

That sounds exactly like what I was going through! I am on BP meds and anxiety meds too, mine finally came after 17 days and I think I was up to 5 negative pregnancy test. When I was pregnant with my son I hadn't even missed my period yet and I was getting a positive result. I think the tests are pretty accurate. Just try not to worry too much :)
jend01

Postby mbshu » Mon Aug 30, 2010 07:42 pm

thanks Jen. Yeah I will be taking my 3rd test either tonight or first thing tomorrow. I guess we'll see what happens.
mbshu

Postby mbshu » Sat Sep 04, 2010 02:41 pm

10 days late and still no sign. Have taken 8 tests all negative.Maybe just is not coming.
mbshu

Postby halfbaked » Sat Sep 04, 2010 07:45 pm

I had a cycle last year where we weren't trying and there was no way I could be pg (DH was out of town). Af came after 45 days. The next month, she came at 24 days. Go figure. My cycles have been regular since then.
halfbaked

Postby mbshu » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:03 am

that is reassuring to hear! it sounds like it probably is a fluke thing-i guess its just the worry of what is going on with your body? the doctors office did not seem concerned about it, they said if it happens again next month to call.
mbshu

Postby mbshu » Wed Sep 08, 2010 01:33 pm

My son got off the bus from his first day of kindergarten (have been dreading this day) and it came this afternoon. 12 days late, but it is here.
mbshu

Re: why else can period be so late?

Postby jend01 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:02 am

LOL, I had to do a little time traveling to see exactly when this happened last year!! It is the exact same timing! I just missed my period, again, in JULY!! I didn't freak out this time because I knew I was under a lot of stress. Just seems weird that I miss my period right around my son's b-day.
DS July 8th 2008 36+weeks
-No signs, no symptoms, Severe PE led to HELLP and eclampsia. My wonderful doctors saved my life based on a large weight gain between appointments!
-chronic hypertensive and PTSD, doing well on meds :)
07/11 - TTC :)
jend01

PreviousNext

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia