Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Has anyone had a different partner for the second+ pregnancy

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Has anyone had a different partner for the second+ pregnancy

Postby princess purr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:54 am

So now that I'm at peace with the weight thing... I'm just wondering if anyone had a different out come with a different partner? I got divorced and remarried, so not only has it been almost 7 years since my last pregnancy but it will be with someone else. From what I have read, it seems like there really isn't anything to conclusive on what role the daddy plays, but I was just wondering if anyone had a personal experience.
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Re: Has anyone had a different partner for the second+ pregn

Postby Korunner_26 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 02:38 pm

No but I had three sons with my hubby--no issues at all. Just delivered a set of twins via gestational surrogacy last week at 35w3d due to severe pre-e and mild HELLP. My OB really thinks that different maternal/paternal genes could have influenced this. She even mentioned something called "new husband syndrome" meaning women getting pre-e who had not had it before when they remarry and become pregnant. I'm not a scientist or an OB but it is interesting and kind of makes sense :?:
Korunner_26

Postby princess purr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 02:44 pm

That is interesting! I'm hoping for me it works opposite... new hubby no problems since last time was so bad! I have heard that twins does raise the risk, so maybe that is what did it more then it being a surrogacy?? This stuff is such a huge mystery!
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby gct » Tue Aug 02, 2011 09:39 pm

I had no problems with blood pressure or preeclampsia with my first husband/first pregnancy. But, I had preeclampsia and delivered early with my second husband/second pregnancy. My ob said he sees this often and was not surprised...
gct

Postby princess purr » Wed Aug 03, 2011 06:16 am

The only thing that it keeping me hopefully about a different partner is with my first partner I would get urinary tract infections allllll the time, and knock on wood, I have not had one since him and I separated. Also, when I was with him my skin was horrible, pimples all the time, and after about 6 months of being separated it got a lot better. It makes me think my body just did not like him... but who knows. I just know I am beyond scared, my first experience was so horrible and knowing it could happen again...even earlier really really scares me. I never thought I could get through it once, going through it twice.... I just don't want to even think about it. I'm going to be on pins and needles the whole time... 4-12 weeks I will be scared to death because of risk of miscarriage... 12-20 I'll be thinking about 20+, if I make it to 24 I think 24-28 will be the hardest. I almost feel like I have to do this, because if I don't I will never know... but part of me feels like maybe not knowing is not better.... Why does adoption have to be so expensive :-(
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
princess purr

Postby Korunner_26 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 08:25 am

I can understand your fear. I'd like to do another surrogacy but worry that I'd get pre-e and/or HELLP again. I realize the possibility is remote, especially since it would be, yet again, a new set of genes. :lol:

I'm sure you'll be monitored super close and you know what symptoms to look for--which is comforting.
Korunner_26

Postby princess purr » Wed Aug 03, 2011 08:36 am

That is one of the reason why when some one offered to be a surrogate for me I said no, since no underlying problems were found with me, I figured it was something about me and the ex hubbies genes, and there is no way I would want someone else to go through preeclampsia and risk there life for me. Sooo with the new hubby, it is just a whole new ball game. I'm hoping we get our miracle... getting pregnant will be the first hurdle and then staying that way is going to be the next hard part!!!
BTW, I think it is an amazing wonderful thing you did! Being a surrogate is problem the most amazing thing anyone can do for a person <3
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
princess purr

Postby Korunner_26 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 04:50 pm

Aww thanks! It is a great feeling and I want to do it again--it's addictive. I just need to convince my hubby ;)
Korunner_26

Postby caryn » Wed Aug 03, 2011 07:40 pm

Here's a link to some recent discussion of the paternal contribution to PE and to surrogacy and PE in particular, and an article from the November newsletter on some new genetic findings.

(You can subscribe to the newsletter on our home page. :D)
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby princess purr » Thu Aug 04, 2011 06:32 am

LOL Thanks! I get the new letter, have for years and yearssss and yearrrrssss and love it :-)
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
princess purr

Next

Return to Ask the Experienced