Art Therapy Event

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/make-a-diff ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at volunteers@preeclampsia.org.

Art Therapy Event

Postby jsu_work » Wed Jul 15, 2009 06:12 am

When: Saturday July 25 ( Possible more dates if interested)
Where: Chicago and possibly an online component

Preeclampsia members have a unique opportunity to participate in art-making workshops. A HELLP Syndrome survivor, Amy Lynn who is also an art therapist, will lead the workshops in Chicago and online. The process and the results will be a healing journey for all; artistic talent NOT required.

The group process would involve getting acclimated with the art materials, talking a bit about our experiences and our connections, then creating a mandala about our feelings and stories. We would do a brief closure activity at the end. This is a one-time art-making opportunity to tell their story and it does not replace the therapy or counseling.

Please email me or leave a message on this forum if interested. Amy will also be at Saving Grace this year.
jsu_work

Re : Art Therapy Event

Postby raspbeari » Wed Jul 15, 2009 02:07 pm

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday. I would so do it if I was in or closer to chicago. I'll be on vacation then, so won't be able to do anything online. It sounds really great. I participated in an art therapy event with my infant loss group a few years ago and it was very healing. It is hard to explain it really. I think though I had a similar experience making the quilt square for Kai.
I'll be looking forward to hearing how it goes.

raspbeari

Return to Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange