Art Therapy Event

This forum is the place to brainstorm creative approaches to fundraising and raising awareness. For more information, visit ... undraising or contact Director of Community Relations Laney Poye at

Re : Art Therapy Event

Postby raspbeari » Wed Jul 15, 2009 02:07 pm

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday. I would so do it if I was in or closer to chicago. I'll be on vacation then, so won't be able to do anything online. It sounds really great. I participated in an art therapy event with my infant loss group a few years ago and it was very healing. It is hard to explain it really. I think though I had a similar experience making the quilt square for Kai.
I'll be looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Art Therapy Event

Postby jsu_work » Wed Jul 15, 2009 06:12 am

When: Saturday July 25 ( Possible more dates if interested)
Where: Chicago and possibly an online component

Preeclampsia members have a unique opportunity to participate in art-making workshops. A HELLP Syndrome survivor, Amy Lynn who is also an art therapist, will lead the workshops in Chicago and online. The process and the results will be a healing journey for all; artistic talent NOT required.

The group process would involve getting acclimated with the art materials, talking a bit about our experiences and our connections, then creating a mandala about our feelings and stories. We would do a brief closure activity at the end. This is a one-time art-making opportunity to tell their story and it does not replace the therapy or counseling.

Please email me or leave a message on this forum if interested. Amy will also be at Saving Grace this year.

Return to “Raising Awareness and Fundraising--Idea Exchange”