Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Anybody else not have PE symptoms and just start seizing?

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re: Anybody else not have PE symptoms and just start seizing

Postby fiveisanawfullybignumber » Sat Aug 13, 2011 03:45 am

by fiveisanawfullybignumber (9 Posts), Sat Aug 13, 2011 03:45 am

Hi Anna, hope the pregnancy is progressing well with no problems. Are your boys getting excited? Found you on FB.
Having a few worries with little Florence here. She's now 15m old and a beautiful if very stroppy little girl. However she has been delayed in all of her milestones, can't even stand and bear weight on her legs yet or crawl, but does a really cute bumshuffle. :D
Saw a peadiatrician a few weeks ago, who said she has lower muscle tone and hypermobility in her joints. Don't expect her to walk till at least 2 or later, he's going to see her again in a couple of months as she was mid meltdown in her appt. She definitely has 1 stronger leg and 1 weak one, part of me wonders if some damage was done during the run up to her birth and/or during it. :? Just have to play the waiting game now, and see how she continues to develop.
fiveisanawfullybignumber

Postby aajatwins » Sun Aug 14, 2011 09:12 pm

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Sun Aug 14, 2011 09:12 pm

Did you send me a FB friend request? I haven't seen it and still couldn't find you in search.
This pregnancy is going great! We thought in the beginning that we would have to worry about baby's blood - during my crazy c-section last time I was given blood that had antigens that I don't normally carry in it, so now I produce antibodies. It could've affected the way my body reacts to the baby's blood, but (long story short) hubby was tested and it is no longer an issue. Other than my baby is measuring really big, like 2 weeks ahead, and that is fine with me! My BP has stayed 80s/50s the whole time and just this week has been consistently 90s/50s instead, so that is still fabulous. I'm 29 weeks today, so 10 weeks or less! I'm just uncomfortable, which is hard to say knowing how much more uncomfortable I was carrying twins. I have been worrying a little about preterm labor - I have already been having contractions for several weeks, just not hard labor contractions. I know that I am at more risk because I had preterm labor with the twins at 30 weeks.
I'm sorry to hear about Florence having muscle tone problems. I don't know if that would have anything to do with delivery or blood flow at the end of the pregnancy - that would be a great question for the doctor. I have a couple of friends whose babies have muscle tone problems, but it's the opposite with them - they have too much. But it will ultimately cause the same milestone delays, I believe. We have a free service from our state that sends physical therapists to the home to work with babies who have any kind of physical developmental delays. I wonder what they will do for her?
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby kyliecw83 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 04:25 am

by kyliecw83 (2 Posts), Wed Nov 16, 2011 04:25 am

Hi , I had no signs at all of pre eclampsia during my pregnancy. My blood pressure was always perfect and for the most part I felt pretty good. My bub was 9 days old and I was laying in bed waiting for her to wake for her morning feed and got a really,really bad migraine,I don't really remember anything after that but I had one seizure at home and then a 2nd seizure while I was at hospital. ( I was waiting for my b/f to bring the car around as they were going to send me home) I am so, so lucky that the 2nd seizure happened while I was still at the hospital as I was later told it is very rare for a person to survive a 2nd seizure. I then vomited and swallowed it (sorry for too much info) which gave me neumonia and ended up in an induced coma for 3 days on a ventilator while everyone was hoping my body could recover.I don't know how but I managed to wake up and slowly come out of the coma. Someone was watching over me I'm sure because there is no other explanation as to why I am still here today. No one ever told me you were still at risk up to two weeks after your baby is born and there were absolutely no warning signs to suggest this was going to happen. Until I come across this website I had never even heard of anyone that had gone through what I went through.I'm not sure what it is like in other countries but here in Australia it is a real letdown on our health system that expectant mothers aren't informed about this before it ends up happening to them
kyliecw83

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....