Post Reply FAQ Members Login

I want to try again already!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

I want to try again already!

Postby flori » Fri Aug 19, 2011 09:00 am

by flori (225 Posts), Fri Aug 19, 2011 09:00 am

I know I should wait and continue (restart :? ) trying to lose weight and exercise regularly, but I am so ready to try again. I have been having such vivid baby dreams:

Dream 1: I was holding a baby boy while asking my mom, "He's cute, isn't he?"
Dream 2: Once again holding a baby boy, this time he pooped so much it came out of his diaper and I had to ask my mom to hold him while I changed my shirt (lol) and got a new diaper.
Dream 3: I had a baby girl and was breast feeding her. I think I said "This is our second baby girl" and "She's hungry" during the feeding. (my favorite dream because it was certain in the dream the baby was mine)

After the dreams I feel my arms ache and feel so empty.

I am frustrated with my cycle. FF showed ovulation on day 19, but then after I entered today's temp it said that ovulation could no longer be detected! So now I'm on CD38 and no O yet. Poo. I had been hoping we would conceive naturally because I am worried about the idea of multiples with fertility treatments. I would love twins, but the increased risk of PE it would add scares me.

Anyway, this was a random rant, I know. I need to get motivated to lose weight! Also, I can't wait for the end of the year. DH and I were talking and since I work in retail, we might start trying again after the holidays. I was pregnant during the crazy Christmas season last year and I am convinced the high stress level I was experiencing may have played a part in everything. Come on 2012!
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Re: I want to try again already!

Postby princess purr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 09:21 am

by princess purr (1092 Posts), Fri Aug 19, 2011 09:21 am

I know the feeling... We are planning on waiting until November and I feel like i just want to go for it now before I loss my nerve!!! But I also really want to drop some weight although this past month I have not been doing so hot with that plan :-( Plus I have to go back to the OBGYN in early sept for some tests relating to the last time I was there...ugh!!!! Good luck!!!! Hope you can start trying soon :-) My cycles seem to be a lot more regular when I am working out and eating healthier... my chart says I o'd two days ago but I have a feeling when I put tomorrows in it will take it away because this is way early in the cycle for me. I'm normally around day 20
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby flori » Fri Aug 19, 2011 09:26 am

by flori (225 Posts), Fri Aug 19, 2011 09:26 am

The last two cycles I ovulated and got AF within two weeks. I was also watching what I eat and working out those cycles. I haven't done any additional exercise (other than the walking I do at work) for 3 weeks! I always tell myself that I'll start on Sunday.. and then before I know it it's Thursday and I'm telling myself I'll start on Sunday again lol. We should start the weight-loss buddy thread again. :)
Flori, 30
Mommy to Gracie- born at 25 weeks 03/15/11, 11 inches, 1.1lbs, and absolutely beautiful. Became my sweet angel the next day.
flori

Postby princess purr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 09:47 am

by princess purr (1092 Posts), Fri Aug 19, 2011 09:47 am

Yea, we really need to be buddies because you sound JUST LIKE ME!!! I was JUST saying, this sunday I am going to start again LOL I need to just start NOW and stop waiting for Sunday... I have no idea where I got it that I need to start stuff on Sundays LOL
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia