Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Pregnancy and forest fire smoke

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Pregnancy and forest fire smoke

Postby jean » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:52 pm

by jean (675 Posts), Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:52 pm

I live in a valley, and right now the forest fires have really flared up. Unfortunately, that means that the smoke often sits in the valley and gets thick and lingers here...for days and sometimes weeks.
We do not have AC and rely on opening windows at night to cool down. I am very concerned about being in this smoke and how it will affect my baby. Will my body filter out all of the bad stuff, or will it affect my baby if it is smoky?
I don't know what to do..I swear I would get a hotel somewhere else and stay there if I could afford to. (Or an AC unit, but we can't afford that either. Plus we would have to set it up to fit our windows and all that..)
I hate this..
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Re: Pregnancy and forest fire smoke

Postby cmccaffrey » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:15 pm

by cmccaffrey (458 Posts), Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:15 pm

You could wear one of those face masks that people wear in smoggy locations or while mowing the lawn. That will filter out some of the dust and smoke. I am drawing at straws here... sorry you're having to deal with that!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Return to Misc