New/Reply FAQ Members Login

Trying for #2 - a little scared - post positive stories!!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Trying for #2 - a little scared - post positive stories!!

Postby AMS » Fri Sep 02, 2011 01:50 pm

Hello Everyone. This is my first post.

After 3 miscarriages, I FINALLY gave birth to a precious little girl in May 2010. I had severe pre-E and she was born at 31 weeks and 5 days at a whopping 3lbs and 7oz. We took her home from the NICU after a month and it has been a blast ever since! (well, okay, there was some colic and crying...lol, but overall, she is just a JOY). So we really want a 2nd, I want Annabelle to have a little brother or sister!! It is very simple for us, we have an embryo on ice, so will just call up the doc when we are ready and I'll go in and get baby #2 implanted (again, i'm oversimplifying, lol). The high risk OBGYN said I have a 1 in 3 chance of getting pre-E again and that I will be on "limited" bed rest starting at 20 weeks (more strict if things look like they are getting bad). So, I'm out here reading all these very scray and sad stories and so now I'm just asking people in similar situations as mine for the HAPPY stories! I NEED them! I am definitely going to try this November/December and I want some good stories to carry me through!

Thanks!!!
Angel
AMS

Re: Trying for #2 - a little scared - post positive stories!

Postby christina89 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 03:37 am

Hey. I'm sorry you had to find us here but in the last while there have been many wonderful success stories. Not to many as I was going threw my second pregnancy as a ton of us were all pregnant and due around the same spot. Nobody can determine if you are going to get PE again. But you know the signs and symptoms. And this board is wonderful for the added support. Alright ill be this short and sweet. In 2010 we lost our son to Eclampsia and HELLP. I was around 18 weeks when I got pe [ odd I know ] I delivered at 23 weeks and my little man passed. 5 months later we tried again and bam pregnant. It was a constant worry right from day one. I was put on BP meds right away as my BP jumped way up immediately. By 14 weeks my drs were starting to think I was doomed and they were prepping me for something horrible again. Well I started showing other signs around 35 weeks and actually started real contracting. Ii went in the wouldn't even help me there I stayed for 2 days and they sent me home. Luckily the next day I had an app with my MFM and right after my scan I vomitted. The nurse went to get the DR they were going to admit me until they rqn blood work. Burt by the time she came back I was in full on labor! 19 hours later I gave birth to a healthu 5 lb 5 oz and 19 inches long baby girl. She came home with. Me 72 hrs later. She is now 2 and a half weeks. I hope this helps you
christina89

Postby aajatwins » Mon Sep 05, 2011 02:52 pm

Welcome to the boards :) These ladies are awesome support.
My first pregnancy was identical twin boys who shared a placenta (so one giant problem waiting to happen). I had PIH that just slowly crept up and kept the OB from recognizing it. We survived preterm labor at 30 weeks, so no one was really focused on my BP. We were mostly concerned with getting to 36 weeks, which we did. But my labor was so slow-going at that point, my OB agreed to induce. I had eclampsia (seizures) in the middle of the induction, went unresponsive, had an emergency section, and was put under general anesthesia to keep me from stroking. We all survived and did so fabulously! My baby boys were big and healthy and I recovered quickly (within a week or so). No lasting effects on anyone, praise God!
I am now 32 weeks with another little boy and my BP has been fantastic from the beginning. I can tell my OB has been just waiting to see bad numbers and have to run bloodwork, but that hasn't happened yet. She's starting to look more relaxed (which helps me relax!) when I see her and, last time I saw her, said she doesn't think I'll have any trouble with this one. Obviously, that is not a guarantee and I didn't take it as one. but at 32, I really feel like we're pretty much in the clear.
There are a few ladies who've just had their babies, like Christina above, so they're not around to tell their stories right now! but we've had several successful pregnancies recently that were second and third babies.
I wish you all the best!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby miamibunnie » Mon Sep 12, 2011 00:29 am

Hi I think that every pregnancy is different. As long as you have a dr that will take care of you and not ignore your concerns that is was is important. I had a great dr this time around. I had PE 2 x 1 in 1996 and was born at 24 wks and is 15 today and doing fine. My second time 2010 I got pe at 23 wks baby passed This third time they put me on lda and lovenox, and other vitamines and delivered my baby at 36 weeks and 5 days on Juli 27 2011 she is 6 wks old..It was a success. I am so happy and am so thankful to this great forum, we have a great support team at preeclampsia.org. We all shared our concerns throughout our preg and I tell you if I was to get prego again I would do it the same way this time around. So think positive and make sure you communicate all your concerns with your dr.
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.
miamibunnie

Postby uncskristy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 09:48 am

Like Anna, I am almost at the end of my happy story. With my first child in 2007, I had no problems with PE sailing through until the end when I cried in my doctors office at 40 weeks begging for an induction because I was so big and miserable at that point. With my second in 2010, I delivered at 24 weeks, two days. After learning about PE, looking back my symptoms started at 20-21 weeks although my BP and protein were in the normal range at 21 weeks so my OB office and I did not think much of the other symptoms. I was hospitalized at 23 weeks, six days with bleeding and they soon discovered my BP was higher than it should have been and my liver and kidney functions were going downhill rapidly and within four days had to deliver. Fast forward to now. I will be 32 weeks tomorrow and everything is going perfect. I am on lovenox, LDA and extra Vit D. Except for not being able to get comfortable at night, I have no complaints especially since this pregnancy just feels more like my first and at this point are just counting down the days (six weeks and one day) until my scheduled c-section.
These forums have been a great strength to me through my son's loss and this pregnancy. While I hate that anyone has to find us, I hope these forums give you and other ladies the same strength that they do me.
Kristy
Mommy of Three Boys- Davis 10/4/2007(No PE, overbaked at 40wks, 2 days),
Cooper 5/20/2010-5/21/2010 (born too early at 24wks, 2 days due to severe PE) and
Blaine 10/11/11 (35wks, 6 days, mild but quick moving PE)
Wife to Matthew since 6/11/2005
uncskristy

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia