Siblings Grief

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support

Siblings Grief

Postby uncskristy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:37 am

This morning, our preschool teacher tells me that Davis dreams about Cooper. He has told her the dreams are where he and Cooper are playing together in his room and Mommy comes in mad because the room is a mess. Unfortunately we never introduced Cooper to Davis because we were unsure of how quickly he was going to pass away and did not want Davis in the room when it happened. He knows of his little brother from pictures and what we tell him. Until recently, I was just thought that he repeated things about Cooper because he knew that it made my husband and I happy and did not really understand because he is still young. A few weeks ago he started randomly crying and told us that he misses Cooper and wants his little brother back so between that and now the dreaming, I know that he has become old enough to realize what he is missing with Cooper not being here. Its crazy how many emotions you can experience at one time. I am sad because I want Cooper back so bad I can not stand it, proud because Davis is so sweet for thinking of his little brother and.... annoyed because what the heck else is Davis telling his teacher since he has told her that I get mad because his room is messy. (Can you tell I try to deal with my grief by laughing?)
Kristy
Mommy of Three Boys- Davis 10/4/2007(No PE, overbaked at 40wks, 2 days),
Cooper 5/20/2010-5/21/2010 (born too early at 24wks, 2 days due to severe PE) and
Blaine 10/11/11 (35wks, 6 days, mild but quick moving PE)
Wife to Matthew since 6/11/2005
uncskristy

Re: Siblings Grief

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Aww. Wow sounds like Davis has felt a connection to his baby brother. I think it is natural and even healthy that he at least feels safe enough to express his feelings to an adult,like his teacher. He must need to be heard and his feeling validated. It is good he is reaching out and you can be there to listen and comfort him.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Return to Grief and Loss