Post Reply FAQ Members Login

TTCers: More Pep on this board + Roll Call

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re: TTCers: More Pep on this board + Roll Call

Postby laughinggirl127 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 02:00 am

Are you actively trying? Or still on the fence, why?
we are actively trying. Had my IUD taken out in August. We decided that I don't have great pregnancies and that age would not help any so better off now than waiting.

Are you facing any conception barriers?
Not so far as I know. I tend to conceive very easily. I bought some ovulation tests for my last pregnancy to start using when I had my next cycle. Just ended up using the pregnancy test out of the box because my next cycle never came. Might want to find those for this month. I'm sure they are in a drawer somewhere.

What are you finding most stressful this time around?
Not wanting to tell anyone that we are trying or when we get pregnant. My mother is very much not in favor of that idea.

What's your TTC plan?
Well I met with our Dr. who said that I should only aim for 32 weeks due to my history but would really like to make it to 35. There are no MFM in my area but I may make the two hour drive anyway. I really like the Dr. that delivered me at the other hospital. Other than that I feel that it will probably happen in october. I took some vacation time and am off for 2.5 weeks. Much needed

Are you working with your doctor about a pregnancy plan? We have no plan persee. My current Dr. will no longer be delivering babies, so when I become pregnant he will refer me to one of his partners and I will develop a plan at that time. He did answer some general answers about the practice and stated that I would be monitored much closer this go round. Which I am glad. I switched to this practice after my last pregnancy went so badly. My sister used these Dr.s and they were overall much more attentive.

How are you feeling. No really, how are you feeling about this?
WEll I figure that I am 2 for 2 for my pregnancies with pre. I am much more proactive now than in the begining. And my husband has figured out not to listen to me that I am fine. He will be monitoring my blood pressures as well and will not miss any Dr.'s apointments this go round. I figure that I will get sick again, but the life situation that I am in is much more stable and less stressful. It's just a matter of how far I will make it this time. And this will be the last one for us. Three will be plenty.
DS born 2003- 39 weeks preeclampsia, 6LBS 7oz
DD born 2009-32 weeks preeclampsia, 3LBS 1oz
DD born 2012-38 weeks, PIH, IUGR 5lbs 4oz- no pree
laughinggirl127

Previous

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia