Having a second baby after HELLP

Have you suffered from HELLP syndrome or had a pregnancy complicated by an underlying disorder? Discuss your concerns here

Re: Having a second baby after HELLP

Postby lakensmommy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 pm

i have the same "father" as the first pregnancy and had HELLP and so far so good with this pregnancy. only 2 more weeks to go.
mom to
Laken (LAMB) born Christmas night 2009- lived 10 days.

My Rainbow Quinn David B. Born March 7th, 2011 Pree/HELLP Free @ 36w4d

http://gentleasalamb.blogspot.com/
lakensmommy

Postby kvirl » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:04 am

It's great to hear that the 2d pregnancy was "normal". I wish all trying again the best and a PE/HELLP free pregnancies!!!

My husband and I are going to try again too - we've received the go-ahead for next month once my medication gets figured out (I'm on an ace-inhib for the kidney disease I got from HELLP)

Kristin
kvirl

Postby lalelop » Fri Nov 04, 2011 01:33 pm

I have read through some of these posts and please bear with me. My son was born at 31 weeks (3lbs 2oz - 1 month in NICU) due to eclampsia and HELLP (with seizures) - he is now a healthy and very active 2 year old!! After delivery I experienced acute liver failure and kidney dysfunction. Two years after delivery and my body is still recovering from all the issues. I should also point out that I had HG for the pregnancy as well - lost 1/3 of my body weight. I am writing here because I was informed by at least three different ob's as well as my gp that it would be very dangerous for me to get pregnant again; though obviously it is our choice. I have done a lot of research about HELLP trying to weigh my options. I have always wanted a large family - yet the possibility of this time being worse then last scares me. I want to thank all of you that have posted your experiences!
lalelop

Previous

Return to HELLP Syndrome Survivors and Underlying Disorders