Blood pressure trend

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Blood pressure trend

Postby Nadenet1229 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 09:38 pm

I saw a response to a post sometime back talking about a blood pressure trend during pregnancy. Could someone explain that trend.
Mother to Joseph Lovelace Touchet Jr born on 5/11/11 at 22 weeks due to Preeclampsia and HELLP. Born straight into God's arms. Love you my angel.
Nadenet1229

Re: Blood pressure trend

Postby jean » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:21 am

I know that it tends to dip/drop in the 2nd trimester and then often goes back up in the 3rd..is that what you mean?
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Re: Blood pressure trend

Postby Nadenet1229 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:10 am

Okay thanks. I thought I read somewhere that it increases during first trimester, then drops during second, and goes up again in 3rd. But then I saw something saying it drops during first trimester. I just wanted to kind of clear it up a bit just for my own knowledge so when I do get pregnant again I don't panic at the changes.
Mother to Joseph Lovelace Touchet Jr born on 5/11/11 at 22 weeks due to Preeclampsia and HELLP. Born straight into God's arms. Love you my angel.
Nadenet1229

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia