Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Anticipation causing severe PMS symptoms?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Anticipation causing severe PMS symptoms?

Postby Nadenet1229 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 07:28 pm

by Nadenet1229 (41 Posts), Sun Nov 20, 2011 07:28 pm

I am 11 dpo right now. My husband and I decided to go ahead and just stop using contraceptives for now and let whatever happens happen. If there is no pregnancy in a few months, then we will break out the ovulations kits again. Well, we made this decision on my day of ovulation and I'm starting to wonder if perhaps my husband is a "sharp shooter" or if my anticipation of pregnancy is making my PMS symptoms just more severe. I started a diet and for a few days I have been overly emotional about food. I just assumed it was because my AF is due on this coming Thursday. My stomach started to act up, not throwing up but after I eat I feel like throwing up might make me feel better, so I started to think that maybe I had a bug. My face was really flush yesterday but my temp was normal. My skin is starting to dry up on my face, just like it did when I was pregnant before. Then I gagged two days ago because of a smell and my husband about leaped out of his chair claiming I had to be pregnant because when I was pregnant last time was the only time I ever gagged for an offensive smell. Well, without even thinking that I was only 9 dpo at the time, I took a test. It came up negative so I tossed it in the trash bin. Next day my husband comes in saying its positive. He saw it in the trashcan and it showed a faint positive. I told him that its only valid within its a lotted time per the directions and that could be an evaporation line. But he got me wondering so much that I went out a bought another one today and took it, again not even thinking that I'm only 11 dpo and I thought that I could see a faint positive but it was so light that I figured I was just wishing it more than seeing it. So I placed it in the bin. I went back in the bathroom to empty the trash an hour later and the test was showing a faint positive. Of course, again I told my husband that its not valid since it was past the recommended read time, but my stomach is bothering me a lot, my face is flush, and I'm feeling almost like I'm coming down with a sinus issue, which is exactly what happen the first time I got pregnant. I get symptoms of a sinus infection, I have no idea. Not stuffy nose, but just like.. its irritated.

Do you think its possible that maybe I'm just wanting it so bad that my PMS symptoms are just more severe? I'm not getting any cramps, which normally I would before AF but my lower abdomen has little aches and twinges. Again, I just assume that maybe I just want it bad. Anyone else have something similar?
Mother to Joseph Lovelace Touchet Jr born on 5/11/11 at 22 weeks due to Preeclampsia and HELLP. Born straight into God's arms. Love you my angel.
Nadenet1229

Re: Anticipation causing severe PMS symptoms?

Postby cmccaffrey » Sun Nov 20, 2011 07:46 pm

by cmccaffrey (458 Posts), Sun Nov 20, 2011 07:46 pm

It's really tough to say. I actually had pregnancy symptoms before my period every month. The ONLY difference in the month that I got pregnant on was that my temp stayed higher in the end and I had a positive test. Now a week after I tested positive is when I started having OTHER pregnancy symptoms and I could actually feel more pregnant. Some women can feel a complete difference in being pregnant and not being pregnant. After my first pregnancy, I think I wanted this one so badly that I might have over exaggerated my symptoms, but I am not saying at all that's what's happening to you... just what my experience was. Anyways, I hope you do find yourself to be pregnant. I didn't test positive until 15dpo, but I was really adement about waiting until my temps had been elevated for a decent amount of time because I wanted to see the temp dip and so forth.

I guess you will find out whether you are pregnant in the next few days! Baby dust to you!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Postby Nadenet1229 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 07:57 pm

by Nadenet1229 (41 Posts), Sun Nov 20, 2011 07:57 pm

I thought about tracking my temp too. Problem is I'm not 100% sure what is normal for me. I want to say, with the thermometer I used, it normally reads like 97.6 or 97.7. But when I took it yesterday it was 98.3. I wish I had a better idea of my temps. As red as my face has been these last two days I started to think that maybe I was running a fever, but no fever. I guess I'll find out in a few days. I just don't normally feel like this, or this bad should I say. My normal routine before AF is just some really bad cramping and some bloating. Thats it. Maybe I'm coming down with something and this is just the prelimary signs. I dont know.
Mother to Joseph Lovelace Touchet Jr born on 5/11/11 at 22 weeks due to Preeclampsia and HELLP. Born straight into God's arms. Love you my angel.
Nadenet1229

Postby ktsl123 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 04:26 pm

by ktsl123 (297 Posts), Mon Nov 21, 2011 04:26 pm

You can absolutely trick your self into being pregnant. I know lots of people that have. You just. have to be patient and wait till your missed period to take a pregnancy test.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09
ktsl123

Postby Nadenet1229 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 09:47 pm

by Nadenet1229 (41 Posts), Mon Nov 21, 2011 09:47 pm

Yeah, thats what I'm going to do. Wouldnt surprise me if I'm just coming down with a bug.
Nadenet1229

Postby fineolin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 01:43 pm

by fineolin (54 Posts), Tue Nov 22, 2011 01:43 pm

There is a wonderful website called twoweekwait.com, where women lists all there preconception symptoms. You should check it out and compare your symptoms with the ladies who are also waiting to find out.
Marjorie (39)
Miscarriage at 8 weeks (2006)
Had to terminate pregnancy at 22.5 weeks, July 2010 , due to Pre-e.
Miss my baby girl, Hailey rose everyday. I will never give up.
Pregnant again, due in July. Dear God, I leave it in your hands. I feel so blessed.
Miscarried at 8.5 weeks. Devastated and Sad.
fineolin

Postby Nadenet1229 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:12 am

by Nadenet1229 (41 Posts), Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:12 am

Thank you for the website. Those ladies are awesome and so funny.

Took another test today and within 5 minute constraint got a positive, still faint but darker then before. Depending on if my cycle decides to be a 26,27, or 28 day cycle this time, I'm due for AF today, tomorrow, or Friday. If no AF by Friday night, I'll call my OB on Monday for blood work. I dont want to believe it until she says its true.
Nadenet1229

Postby fineolin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 01:44 pm

by fineolin (54 Posts), Wed Nov 23, 2011 01:44 pm

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. The more the merrier on this new adventure.
Marjorie (39)
Miscarriage at 8 weeks (2006)
Had to terminate pregnancy at 22.5 weeks, July 2010 , due to Pre-e.
Miss my baby girl, Hailey rose everyday. I will never give up.
Pregnant again, due in July. Dear God, I leave it in your hands. I feel so blessed.
Miscarried at 8.5 weeks. Devastated and Sad.
fineolin

Postby Nadenet1229 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 07:35 pm

by Nadenet1229 (41 Posts), Wed Nov 23, 2011 07:35 pm

Got two positive HPTs today!!!!!! They weren't super dark but dark enough. Plan to call OB on Monday morning!
Nadenet1229

Postby cmccaffrey » Wed Nov 23, 2011 09:48 pm

by cmccaffrey (458 Posts), Wed Nov 23, 2011 09:48 pm

THANK GOD! I am so excited for you!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Next

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia