Am I crazy?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Am I crazy?

Postby Iheartjulio » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Hello everyone-
I have been lurking on these boards the last few months but this is my first post. My baby girl was born at 29 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E and is just 7 months old as of yesterday. I am just wondering if you guys think I am crazy to try again. I don't think I would even be considering it but we had an unexpected pregnancy (the mini pill fails again) that ended in miscarriage in September. I guess after preparing myself and getting excited to have a baby now I just really want them close together. I am just wondering if I am crazy? I feel like I may be a nervous wreck my entire next pregnancy since I will be so worried about a miscarriage for the first 14 weeks and than terrified of Pre-E the last 15 weeks. I pray every day already that my next pregnancy is a much better experience than my last two! I think worrying about a miscarriage will be the worst part since I bled for quite a bit during the beginning of both of my pregnancies and now if I do it again I am always going to think it is ending. Anyways I know people have had it worse than me and I am sure we all have these fears as we face pregnancy again. I am just looking for some people who understand the feelings. I have been spending a lot of time the last few weeks reading up on Pre E and trying to get a better understanding of it, so I know what to expect and watch for in my next pregnancy. I feel like i just need a normal pregnancy to prove that I can do it! We want at least 4 so I really want to know my body is going to cooperate! Here is hoping for a BFP soon followed by a nice relaxing healthy full term 40 weeks! I would love to get to that "uncomfortable I can't walk and just want this baby out already" phase of pregnancy you see preggo woman at!
[color=#FF0000]Mom to Isabella born 4/20/2011 delivered via c section due to sever Pre-E at 29 weeks 5 days.
Starting TTC again[/color]
MC 09/09/2011
Iheartjulio

Re: Am I crazy?

Postby alviarin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:37 pm

If you are crazy then I am too :) Even though I had pre-e pretty much at term I know my GP thinks I should quit while I'm ahead. However my cardiologist and MFM are supportive of me trying again.

If I were you I'd see a MFM specializing in high-risk pregnancies for a pre-conception consultation. http://www.smfm.org/default.cfm. They should be able to order tests for underlyling disorders, give you the lowdown on your odds of developing pre-e again, and help lay out a monitoring schedule for any future pregnancy.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia