Am I crazy?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
Forum Moderator

Re: Am I crazy?

Postby alviarin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:37 pm

If you are crazy then I am too :) Even though I had pre-e pretty much at term I know my GP thinks I should quit while I'm ahead. However my cardiologist and MFM are supportive of me trying again.

If I were you I'd see a MFM specializing in high-risk pregnancies for a pre-conception consultation. They should be able to order tests for underlyling disorders, give you the lowdown on your odds of developing pre-e again, and help lay out a monitoring schedule for any future pregnancy.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire ("mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

Am I crazy?

Postby Iheartjulio » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Hello everyone-
I have been lurking on these boards the last few months but this is my first post. My baby girl was born at 29 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E and is just 7 months old as of yesterday. I am just wondering if you guys think I am crazy to try again. I don't think I would even be considering it but we had an unexpected pregnancy (the mini pill fails again) that ended in miscarriage in September. I guess after preparing myself and getting excited to have a baby now I just really want them close together. I am just wondering if I am crazy? I feel like I may be a nervous wreck my entire next pregnancy since I will be so worried about a miscarriage for the first 14 weeks and than terrified of Pre-E the last 15 weeks. I pray every day already that my next pregnancy is a much better experience than my last two! I think worrying about a miscarriage will be the worst part since I bled for quite a bit during the beginning of both of my pregnancies and now if I do it again I am always going to think it is ending. Anyways I know people have had it worse than me and I am sure we all have these fears as we face pregnancy again. I am just looking for some people who understand the feelings. I have been spending a lot of time the last few weeks reading up on Pre E and trying to get a better understanding of it, so I know what to expect and watch for in my next pregnancy. I feel like i just need a normal pregnancy to prove that I can do it! We want at least 4 so I really want to know my body is going to cooperate! Here is hoping for a BFP soon followed by a nice relaxing healthy full term 40 weeks! I would love to get to that "uncomfortable I can't walk and just want this baby out already" phase of pregnancy you see preggo woman at!
[color=#FF0000]Mom to Isabella born 4/20/2011 delivered via c section due to sever Pre-E at 29 weeks 5 days.
Starting TTC again[/color]
MC 09/09/2011

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”