So angry and upset

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
MissingMolly

Re: So angry and upset

Postby MissingMolly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 09:04 pm

Thanks for your response, Julija. I just don't know what to think. I'm so angry at how my doctor dealt with my entire pregnancy, and this latest bit of news just adds to it. I'm already freaked out about the thought of trying again, and now this. I feel like my long-held dream of having a baby is circling the drain. Maybe I'm over-reacting, I don't know. All of this is just so overwhelming.
:cry:
Mommy to Molly, who was born alive on Oct. 29, 2011 at 23+3 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia/HELLP syndrome and passed away 3 hours later. Loved and missed every minute of every day...."If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever."

sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: So angry and upset

Postby sam10 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 08:36 pm

I had a vertical incision as well, which if often the case with very early preemies. Even though they don't let you go for a VBAC, the risks are not as bad as they sound. Can't find the stats right now, but will go dig around to find them. My doctors have told me that they only do these incisions if they absolutely have to, knowing very well the long-term consequences (no vbac). I am sorry your doctor has not explained this to you, as they should have. Sending you hugs.
~Julija (42)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/

MissingMolly

So angry and upset

Postby MissingMolly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 07:46 pm

So many things went wrong during my pregnancy, and they continue to go wrong. I'm convinced that I had undiagnosed preeclampsia for weeks before I developed HELLP syndrome and had to have an emergency C-section. I couldn't go back to the ob/gyn I had--it was just too emotionally painful--so I found a new doctor and requested my records be sent to him. For whatever reason, there was a delay and some things were missing, including the operative report. My new doctor asked me at my last appointment if I knew what kind of incision I had on my uterus (even though the outside incision is a bikini cut). I said my previous doctor didn't tell me, at which point he said that I would "absolutely, no question" have been told if I had a vertical incision because this was crucial information in regards to a future pregnancy. If a vertical incision is done, you can't ever have a VBAC--you have to have a scheduled C-section at least 3 weeks in advance due to concerns of uterine rupture, which can be fatal for both mother and baby.

Well, guess what?!?! He finally got my operative report, and I DO in fact have a vertical incision! I'm so angry!

Not only did my previous doctor ignore my symptoms and concerns until it was too late, I now feel like she has seriously impaired my ability to have future LIVING children. I'm beyond upset right now!
Mommy to Molly, who was born alive on Oct. 29, 2011 at 23+3 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia/HELLP syndrome and passed away 3 hours later. Loved and missed every minute of every day...."If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever."

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”