Feeling a little crazy

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Feeling a little crazy

Postby Shannonlynn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 03:15 pm

Hello everyone!! Ok...so as the title suggests, I am feeling a bit crazy. My husband and I have not been ttc, however I am anywhere from 2-4 days late and I am starting to get nervous. We haven't been *not trying* either and I made the comment some days ago that if an oops happened sometime that it would not be so bad. I know periods can be late but I am a very regular girl, if anything it's early, not late. So I am waiting and if I haven't had my period by the end of the weekend I will purchase a pregnancy test. Thoughts turn to perimenopause-maybe that's it. I figure that would be my luck, have a huge tragedy and then start perimenopause right after, after all I am 38. I know I am being melodramatic but I can't help it.

I have also accepted a new job and that just adds to the stress. This job was closed 2 months ago and I knew I was not in the running anymore and then out of the blue they call, I interview, and boom, I have the job if I want it. I am a mess. I wish my period would start so I could just not worry. I think everyone here can agree that when we are pregnant we want to be able to focus on the healthiest possible outcome. Ahhhhhh! HELP! I feel like I am being irresponsible.
Shannonlynn-mommy to Frederick Otto "Fritzy"
born May 6, 2011, became an angel one hour later
Severe PE at 24 weeks to the day
Gavin Walden born 8-4-12,lovenox, folgard, lda, prenatals. PE and HELLP free.
Shannonlynn

Re: Feeling a little crazy

Postby kerisue » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:06 am

I think you should go ahead and get the p-test now so you know one way or the other. 38 is a little early for perimenopause isn't it and since you're usually regular and haven't been doing anything to prevent- well it's possible.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 01:30 pm

I agree, do the test. 38 is too young for pre-menopause and even if we are told that chances are getting slimmer, we still CAN conceive and get pregnant. Let us know how it goes...
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby princesspurr » Sat Dec 17, 2011 04:28 pm

My mom stopped getting her period at 37 but she was always very irregular anyway, and that is very rare. Stress can delay a period, that happens to me a lot. I would just do a test to see where you stand right now.
Val (32) & Carlos (30)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
princesspurr

Postby Shannonlynn » Sat Dec 31, 2011 05:40 pm

Hello everyone! I realize I was reaching with the perimenopause but you just never know. However, I took a cheapo pregnancy test a couple of weeks ago and there was a red plus sign in the window. It's official now because I am nauseous and very tired at night. I have my first appointment with the MFM on January 12, so hopefully all goes well. They will put me on lovenox right away which scares me a bit but it is necessary so I am all for it. I see my OB on the 30th of January. I have been trying to stay calm which has proven to be somewhat hard because I am a worrier by nature but my family and friends have told me to relax and , alas, I am trying to do my best. As for my job, they are very supportive and are aware of the last outcome I had. I am just trying to take it one day at a time. I will continue to update as I have time.

I hope everyone has a healthy and happy new year!!
Shannonlynn-mommy to Frederick Otto "Fritzy"
born May 6, 2011, became an angel one hour later
Severe PE at 24 weeks to the day
Gavin Walden born 8-4-12,lovenox, folgard, lda, prenatals. PE and HELLP free.
Shannonlynn

Postby sam10 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 06:02 pm

Very happy to hear the good news! Congratulations!
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby ktsl123 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:40 am

Wow that's great! Congratulations!!
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09
ktsl123

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia